One thing stopping me from switching to android...music

mindy1991

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I really want to buy a HTC One over an Iphone 5 but there is one thing stopping me. I know itunes is very restrictive and not the best music player but I am pretty tied up in it. In albums I 'untick' the tracks I don't like to create albums where I don't have to skip through tracks. I like this as it means I don't have to delete the track altogether and is an easy way to control what music syncs onto my device and what doesn't. Also, as I listen to a lot of electronic music where tracks can be 7/8 minutes long, I set custom start and end times in the track options in itunes. My ipod is broken and I want my new phone to have all my music. So I need a way to get a carbon copy of my itunes onto android, including the custom start/end times, ratings etc. Most importantly, it must not sync the tracks I have unselected in itunes.

I tried google music in the google play store and was impressed by the interface and how it works but unfortunately it doesn't address any of my concerns above. Are there any music apps that do?

SamBev

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I really want to buy a HTC One over an Iphone 5 but there is one thing stopping me. I know itunes is very restrictive and not the best music player but I am pretty tied up in it. In albums I 'untick' the tracks I don't like to create albums where I don't have to skip through tracks. I like this as it means I don't have to delete the track altogether and is an easy way to control what music syncs onto my device and what doesn't. Also, as I listen to a lot of electronic music where tracks can be 7/8 minutes long, I set custom start and end times in the track options in itunes. My ipod is broken and I want my new phone to have all my music. So I need a way to get a carbon copy of my itunes onto android, including the custom start/end times, ratings etc. Most importantly, it must not sync the tracks I have unselected in itunes.

I tried google music in the google play store and was impressed by the interface and how it works but unfortunately it doesn't address any of my concerns above. Are there any music apps that do?

I recently switched from my iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S4 and was dreading the need to maintain an iTunes library and Winamp or similar, then I stumbled on iSyncr and my problems were solved. I don't know if it works based on checked or unchecked songs, but you can give it a shot.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
iSyncr does what you need it to. I am an iOS convert and I have a lot of unchecked songs that do not carry over.

Sync by playlist
2 way sync
Unchecking a previously checked song removes it
Wireless sync
Auto sync at scheduled time if you want
Sync photos if you want

I think its one of the best apps out there. I never have to think about my music.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty