Question Copy files from apple music

jjt1154

Nov 28, 2023
Visit site
Question, as I was given an Android tablet and (being an Apple user (Mac, iPhone, iPad) user) ... I want to manually copy music from my Apple Music library onto a TF/microSD card to be inserted into/used used on my Android tablet (I've downloaded Musicolet onto my Android tablet).

Can I copy the music onto the TF/microSD card in hierarchical format, i.e.: Music --> Artist --> Album -->Songs? Or, do the music files need to be in one single folder/directory (named "Music"? "Audio"?) on the SD card for Android/Musicolet to access/recognize and play the music? I prefer to do this once :). TIA.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the music file has proper ID3 tags (the industry standard for including names of album, artist, title, etc.), and if the music app you're using reads ID3 tags (and most of them do), then it doesn't really matter how you organize the files in the Music directory. But if you use a music app that organizes tracks based on the folder hierarchy, then you should use the typical hierarchy that you mentioned.

You may want to test it on a small batch of music tracks first to see how Musicolet sees them.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

jjt1154

Nov 28, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the music file has proper ID3 tags (the industry standard for including names of album, artist, title, etc.), and if the music app you're using reads ID3 tags (and most of them do), then it doesn't really matter how you organize the files in the Music directory. But if you use a music app that organizes tracks based on the folder hierarchy, then you should use the typical hierarchy that you mentioned.

You may want to test it on a small batch of music tracks first to see how Musicolet sees them.
Thx. On a trial run of a couple artists/albums/songs, it looks like it recognizes and processes the files in a folder hierarchy just fine. 13K songs later ... I'm good :).

Reactions: B. Diddy