AdAway disables on reboot

JamesMore

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
AdAway is my go to app for getting rid of adverts and banners while surfing on my old phone I never have a issue with it, But on my HTC One every time the phone is reboot AdAway is disabled and I am forced to go in and enable it. I tell it not to reboot as other wise I am in a endless loop (It does not always auto reboot any way )

Any one have any ideas why it keeps doing this ? as each time it disables my host file is restored to the original version and the adverts when browsing the web are back

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why its doing that but lets not forget Google more importantly the Play Store removed many/most of these Ad Blockers so expecting them to work perfectly anymore is hit or miss.

I have given up in the past on these with newer and more crafty ways of developers and the companies behind them coming up with ways to still push ads even with these in place. It seems almost inevitable that we will have to deal with it especially on free versions of apps. Seems like most paid versions (if available) removes any ad pushing.

Again comes back to supporting your developers and the good ones treat you fair in return ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024