Phone tells me to upgrade - as soon as I've upgraded!

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
As soon as I perform the required. system/one UI updates, I get a notice that my system needs upgrading. I upgrade again. It finishes and reboots, then sends me the identical notification again. Out of curiosity, I upgraded three times in a row, five minutes apart, and rebooted between each install. Still stuck in an endless loop. Setup info: AT&T; Android version 14; one UI version 6 (although I don't use it--I'm a Nova devotee); Ultra model with 200 gigs storage (only 19% used) available.

This merry-go-round is getting tiresome, and I want off.

Thanks for any help.

Sfr

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It's an old phone. The update info:
Galaxy S22 Ultra(SM-S908U1)
Build Number : S908U1UES4DXB5
Android version : U(Android 14)
Release Date : 2024-03-14
Security patch level : 2024-03-01

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you're on the latest GP Update. If you are, just another case of AT&T botching a software update.

Edit: Or Samsung screwing up. Googling S22 Ultra keeps updating this seems to go back pretty far and the S22 line keeps coming up. Might have to live with it for the time being. Two options though:

Either block updates from Internet or install Auto Notification (by Tasker creator) to intercept and dismiss the notification and don't let the OCD get the better of you.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sycoreaper--I'm perfectly happy to blame AT&T *and* Samsung. And in some psycho way, it was reassuring that to learn that this is a known bug. Thanks. And you're right about obsessing--let it go.
Bdiddy--yes, everything is up to date--I compulsively checked twice. I was about to clear caches, etc when the upgrade notices stopped. Just stopped. I saved your suggestions to use when they come back. Or, maybe, I'll be able to follow Sycoreaper's advice and just ignore the extra nagging.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Sycoreaper--I'm perfectly happy to blame AT&T *and* Samsung. And in some psycho way, it was reassuring that to learn that this is a known bug. Thanks. And you're right about obsessing--let it go.
Bdiddy--yes, everything is up to date--I compulsively checked twice. I was about to clear caches, etc when the upgrade notices stopped. Just stopped. I saved your suggestions to use when they come back. Or, maybe, I'll be able to follow Sycoreaper's advice and just ignore the extra nagging.
My S23+ was doing the same thing! :rolleyes:
And after dwnld'ing & installing 3 or 4 of the 'software updates'... I noticed that my S23+ had lost over an entire GB of 'available' RAM ! Dropping from an avg of 4.3GB of 'available RAM — down to an avg of 2.8GB to 3.3GB ! :mad: While it also lost 300GB's of 'available' storage.
Both of which I've been noticing, since 2010, is about the typical net of most updates! :rolleyes:

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
My S23+ was doing the same thing! :rolleyes:
And after dwnld'ing & installing 3 or 4 of the 'software updates'... I noticed that my S23+ had lost over an entire GB of 'available' RAM ! Dropping from an avg of 4.3GB of 'available RAM — down to an avg of 2.8GB to 3.3GB ! :mad: While it also lost 300GB's of 'available' storage.
Both of which I've been noticing, since 2010, is about the typical net of most updates! :rolleyes:
Thats not typical. Your phone needs to be factory reset if you're not exaggerating saying you lost 300GBs. That is never normal and I've never had that nor seen it happen unless something is seriously broken.

If you're savy and comfortable enough, if one were doing a factory reset, you might as well reflash the ROM with ODIN just as a secondary file validation.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As soon as I perform the required. system/one UI updates, I get a notice that my system needs upgrading. I upgrade again. It finishes and reboots, then sends me the identical notification again. Out of curiosity, I upgraded three times in a row, five minutes apart, and rebooted between each install. Still stuck in an endless loop. Setup info: AT&T; Android version 14; one UI version 6 (although I don't use it--I'm a Nova devotee); Ultra model with 200 gigs storage (only 19% used) available.

This merry-go-round is getting tiresome, and I want off.

Thanks for any help.

Sfr
Go settings>apps>system apps>find system UI and system updates and tap on each clear Data then force stop it
dfafc8ebb9ced1afbe722d1ef5c066e0.jpg

If you can't get into the home screen because bootlop then in recovery choose repair apps if still same you will need Odin flash the stock firmware