Email apps - ugh!

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah yeah yeah, I know. Email is so 90s. But I live and work in email. You know who has good mobile email apps? Windows Phone. Blackberry. The email app on my Motorola MaxxHD running 4.1. You know who doesn't? Google. Yeah it maybe does a few cool things. But here's what I want;

A simple way to mark all read. ALL.
A dark theme.
No pics of the sender. I probably know what they look like, and frankly even if I don't I don't care. Don't waste my screen space and clutter it up.
Simple filter for unread - BB also does that with one gesture.
Stickers? Cute animated emoticons? I'm 57, thanks. A simple text smiley will work. But I can ignore those.

That Google client is hideous, and I am certain there are many features I don't use because they just aren't obvious or ever explained. But I frankly hate it. I tend to use AquaMail on Android unless I'm using my MaxxHD - which is most of the time these days - but isn't there anything better?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah yeah yeah, I know. Email is so 90s. But I live and work in email. You know who has good mobile email apps? Windows Phone. Blackberry. The email app on my Motorola MaxxHD running 4.1. You know who doesn't? Google. Yeah it maybe does a few cool things. But here's what I want;

A simple way to mark all read. ALL.
A dark theme.
No pics of the sender. I probably know what they look like, and frankly even if I don't I don't care. Don't waste my screen space and clutter it up.
Simple filter for unread - BB also does that with one gesture.
Stickers? Cute animated emoticons? I'm 57, thanks. A simple text smiley will work. But I can ignore those.

That Google client is hideous, and I am certain there are many features I don't use because they just aren't obvious or ever explained. But I frankly hate it. I tend to use AquaMail on Android unless I'm using my MaxxHD - which is most of the time these days - but isn't there anything better?

Hello. Don't worry, email is still a great way of communicating :). Here is a list of email clients of which I think are the best:

Aquamail (which you already have)

Cloudmagic

Maildroid (has dark UI available)

Bluemail

K-9 Mail

Mailbox (recently acquired by Dropbox, only supports Gmail and iCloud email)

I would try maildroid first. The free version worked fine. Ask more questions if you need to!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii