Opera Mobile for Android

IanMcB

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Opera Mobile for Android to Arrive Within a Month - PCWorld

Opera Mobile for Android to Arrive Within a Month
By Mikael Rickn?s, IDG News
Oct 14, 2010 7:10 am
Opera Software will release the mobile version of its browser for Android-based smartphones within a month, the Norwegian company said in a blog post on Thursday.

Opera Mobile for Android will offer a faster browsing experience by using hardware acceleration and a new pinch-to-zoom feature. The existing versions of Opera Mobile and its Mini browser have two levels of zoom; one for the full page width and one for zooming in to read the text. The new feature will zoom from page-width down to the text you want to focus on in one fluid motion, according to Opera.

Opera Mobile will be available on all versions of Android.

For Android-based smartphones, Opera already offers the Mini version, which sends Web traffic via Opera's servers, compresses it and then forwards the content to the phone. The result is that less data is sent to the phone, but it also means that the browser can't show streaming video. The Mobile version works like a traditional browser and does all the processing on the phone, which, for example, results in better JavaScript performance, according to an Opera spokesman.

The browser battle on Android is starting to heat up. Last week, Mozilla released a beta version of Firefox 4 for Android-based smartphones, but it isn't saying when the final version will arrive. Opera Mobile and Firefox join the likes of Skyfire and Dolphin HD.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This is the best browser ever on Android.

It seems hardware accelerated so full sites, even ones plagued with flash render SO smoothly..

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Using it now and liking it very much. I always seem to go back to the stock browser but this may sway me. Its actually what I have always thought firefox would end up being like. I now realize firefox has a really long way to go. I have also used Dolphin, Skyfire and Miren. They all have some neat features.

HTCWildfire

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've tried opera, stock, xscope, dolphin hd, miren, etc but right now I'm using dolphin browser mini. It's been absolutely brilliant so far! Quick as hell.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
OK played with this some more over the weekend and have gone back to stock for now. I like this browser but a few things like on some pages the text shrinks and you have to double tap to zoom. The androidcentral mobile forum is a great example. I don't expect mobile sites to act like they're non- mobile. Firefox also does what Opera was a doing while Skyfire was acting more in line with what I'd want. I don't like Skyfires start page and I don't think it can be changed. I am all for Firefox once some type of flash support is added, these are Android phones not iPhones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty