Navigon finally available on Android

Chrisvklein

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Navigon is actually quite good. It was my main navigation app that I used on the iPhone.

On the android, however, the apparently is truly a 1.0 app. It needs to have quite a few bugs worked out.

Thus far I've found:
- intermittently recalcs the route, but goes blank instead.
- when connected to a bluetooth a2dp device, audio is fed to the a2dp AND the built in speaker --- it sounds like a stadium announcer with the delay of a2dp. Pretty funny actually.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

doctajay

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I wish they I could actually see the app the market. Its just not sharing up for me. I am using, 2.2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
We have used a navigon 2100w for some time as our main GPS in the car. I was super excited to see this come out for the android. I want to PLAY with it but there is no trial version. Anyone have any experience with this on an EVO? Mainly curious about the augmented reality part as well as comparison to the NAVIGON stand alone units.
Wish I could justify the $40 right now but I can not.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
shows up on the market even for my ancient Moto Cliq running Android 1.5...
Sorry to hear it has bugs. FWIW, NDrive works fairly well for me except it sometimes loses GPS lock for no reason (clear skies driving around on a highway with no trees around)...

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Navigon looks good, but still very pricey in my opinion. I've used sygic aura and copilot and I like sygic for its UI and speed limit information while copilot affordable and has more options for customization.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the earlier comments. This is a 1.0 release at best. I also own the iphone version and it is superior. There is no multitasking in the android version. Call comes in, navigation is interrupted and relaunches after the call. Continually recalculates the route - it mentions due to traffic, but there are no traffic issues.

One other annoyance - I have noticed bad routing choices regularly. Matter of fact, it generates different routes than the iphone version of their software. Very perplexing.

On a droid x, the display is smaller than one would expect. The android status bar is always visible, it should be hidden until an alert comes in. Also at the bottom of the screen there is a big black bar that has a choice of the name of the street you are on or the name of the street you will be making your next turn. The bar is too thick and eliminates valuable screen real estate.

To summarize, has value but needs a lot more work.