Can I factory reset my Play Market region?

xBaRLoGx

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Factory Reset and Play Market region restrictions

Good day everyone. I have a problem with play market. I live in eastern Europe and when I bought Xperia Z1 it had US market, but after I made a purchase with my debit card, it got changed to (I presume) European or some sort of other market place, because I can't see a huge amount of apps other US market users can see/download.
I know I can change it back to US market by buying something using US debit card, but that's not an option for me unfortunately. Is there any other way and if not, can factory reset switch my market place back to the US version?

Thank you in advance

AndroidIsMyThing

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Factory Reset and Play Market region restrictions

I'm not sure if you can change the country, but I can suggest another way to download apps that aren't available. It is called side loading.

First, open the Google play store website in chrome. When it asks how you want to open it, select chrome and then 'just once'. Find the app you want on the play store and copy the link of that page. Now, search for 'apk downloader' and choose the site that has the url apps.evozi. Follow the instructions on the page. Once the download is complete, click the download notification in your notification shade and it should ask you if you want to install the app. Install it and there you go!

xBaRLoGx

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Factory Reset and Play Market region restrictions

I'm not sure if you can change the country, but I can suggest another way to download apps that aren't available. It is called side loading.

First, open the Google play store website in chrome. When it asks how you want to open it, select chrome and then 'just once'. Find the app you want on the play store and copy the link of that page. Now, search for 'apk downloader' and choose the site that has the url apps.evozi. Follow the instructions on the page. Once the download is complete, click the download notification in your notification shade and it should ask you if you want to install the app. Install it and there you go!

Well, I know that's another option, but it's quite a hassle. I'd like to change play store back to US if possible

So, question remains, will factory reset change my play store back to US?