I gave my phone to a stranger with doing factory reset my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am scared if the stranger can restore my data actually and now I have no other option. I can't take my phone back from stranger and nor I can ask him about my phone
Is it really possible that my pictures can be restored back I factory reset my phone before giving so all my photos on phone gallery is delete?? Is it any possible way I can know that on my own phone there is no photos of mine I changed my password of Google photos but what about phone gallery

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The short answer is no, if you factory reset the phone, data can not be recovered from it.

Most modern Android phones are encrypted, so when a factory reset is performed the keys are lost and your nud... I mean, pictures, are permanently gone.

Reactions: Kizzy Catwoman

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure all phones are encrypted now out of the box*, and exactly for this reason. In the early days of Android, it was discovered that you could recover photos and other personal data after a factory reset if the user didn't encrypt it (it was optional at the time and you had to manually enable it). So unless that phone was ancient, you should be fine.

*All major brands, at least. I guess it's possible some of the dirt cheap no name phones that you get from sketchy sites like Wish may not have default encryption, but you have bigger things to worry about with those. I.e. Malware baked into the firmware that steals your data for the manufacturers to sell. I wouldn't trust anything on them.

Reactions: Golfdriver97

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you did a proper factory reset, then you're fine. The only way this person could get any photos would be if you had saved photos to an SD card in the phone and forgot to remove the card before giving the phone to that person.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44