Sick of Google maps

WinterDAWN

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
You can try Waze. It's community based and free.

I am curious though, what problems are you having with Google Maps? Are the directions inaccurate, or is the application itself not working?

MoneyMike84

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
You can try Waze. It's community based and free.

I am curious though, what problems are you having with Google Maps? Are the directions inaccurate, or is the application itself not working?
First of all I hate that I can't lower the volume of the voice guidance. Second the directions gets confused all the time when turning or getting off exits. It starts rerouting. The thing I'm most disappointed about is the fact that my friends iPhone using apple maps gave us better directions than my Google maps did.

mwyarm

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I use both as they have their pluses and minuses. Waze will sometime route you through a parking lot and often away from logical main highways. My recent experience took me down 5-6 turns on country roads, which most likely by distance was shorter, but not the fastest as their was a large 2 lane highway that was further in distance but faster and only added 1-2 miles. The turns on the country road and the connected driveways was not the smart choice. And that is with the options turned on for faster versus shorter distance. Waze is better for traffic monitoring in my office commute. It claims it can learn your traffic pattern to work but it is often rerouting but traffic patterns is much more visible and easier to see. And finally, if you are like me, I don't drive to be social and I have no interest in knowing about the happy wazers near me, and now more recently, they added where you can track your friends so you can see where they are. All of that is dangerous in my opinion. You can turn off the other Wazers but they are slow to listen to the community and they continue to add content to the screen that is more and more social. The landscape of the screen is stacked with useless content, for me. I have asked that for everything they do to please give the user an option to turn on or off so we can decide but that has not happened. I continue to use Google maps for directions as it is more trusting unless you are going to something that is very logical point A to point B.