Check this out everyone!!!

awesomedeals88

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that want to play Angry Birds without ads, heres how I accomplished this task. This will work on a ROOTED device only. Download and install the app "ADFREE ANDROID" from the android market. Update the database and then your done. No ads whatsoever. Maybe Phil could post this as a news article. By the way I have a HTC EVO.

Last edited:

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Old news. And for those not rooted just turn off data, or toggle airplane mode (you'll lose phone calls though) and ads will be gone.

Reactions: Minx

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Old news. And for those not rooted just turn off data, or toggle airplane mode (you'll lose phone calls though) and ads will be gone.

Two questions:
1. Why do we have adds in the 1st place?
2. Do No-adds apps cost money?

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the adds support the developers a bit? And if you really don't want adds, paying the developer a buck or two helps it updating the app and offsetting the cost, no?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ads are generally in place to help bring in a little revenue for a developer on an app that is generally 'Free'. A lot of the times you will also see Free Ad-Supported and "Donate" versions of apps in which you pay a small fee to remove the ads.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
if there was a paid version of angry birds with no ads, i would purchase it. i am all for supporting the devs. but roxio has not made a paid version available yet, so until they do, this is all we can do

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
if there was a paid version of angry birds with no ads, i would purchase it.

Gotcha, thanks.
But as ChrisKerrigan mentioned: "Ads are generally in place to help bring in a little revenue for a developer on an app that is generally 'Free'." So as annoying as adds might be, they help the developers a little bit.

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Generally I support ads in apps as I believe they help finance research and development. But I feel the Angry Birds ads go a couple steps too far:

(1) they often interfere visually with game play obstructing an area you need to see.

(2) Because of the obstructive way the ads are often positioned, several times I've accidentally clicked on an ad which carries me away to the adveriser's website. I have to wonder if the Angry Birds developers are getting paid extra for clickthroughs? If so, that's a devious way to make money.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Generally I support ads in apps as I believe they help finance research and development. But I feel the Angry Birds ads go a couple steps too far:

(1) they often interfere visually with game play obstructing an area you need to see.

(2) Because of the obstructive way the ads are often positioned, several times I've accidentally clicked on an ad which carries me away to the adveriser's website. I have to wonder if the Angry Birds developers are getting paid extra for clickthroughs? If so, that's a devious way to make money.

Gah, I can't tell you how many times I have accidentally clicked on an ad while playing Angry Birds. Frustrating!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty