Like Dropbox? Try SugarSync!

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
SugarSync is similar to Dropbox but a bit more feature rich, gives you more space free than drop box, or if you pay for extra space it will save you money!

SugarSync
Free = 5.5Gb (5Gb without referral)
$4.99/month = 40Gb (30Gb without referral)
$9.99/month = 70Gb (60Gb without referral)
$14.99/month = 110Gb (100Gb without referral)
Referrals = 500Gb for free accounts, 10Gb for a paid account!
No Max bonus space!

DropBox
Free = 2.25Gb (2Gb without referral)
$9.99/month = 50Gb
$19.99/month = 100Gb
Referrals = 250Mb per referral, paid or free. Max 8Gb bonus

The bonus features that SugarSync has is what made up my mind.

Get it here:
hTVs76.qrcode

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
While I think this post does seem a bit... spammy, I gotta admit, I do love SugarSync. Dropbox is nice because it's simple, but SugarSync has so many more things I can tweek (like syncing specific folders with specific computers), and the fact that I can edit my documents right from the website is damn nice. And the Android app beats Dropbox's any day of the week. (Seriously, I couldn't figure out how to sync something on my phone after I edited it from a computer that doesn't have Sugarsync installed with Dropbox. SugarSync? Easy!)
Also, OBLIGITORY REFERAL LINK!

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I would like to try this, but ran into a problem right off the bat. No Linux support for their desktop client. It says that I, nor my referal person, will get the extras without installation of the desktop client. Kinda sucks for me. It may have more features than Dropbox, but Dropbox has a Linux client. I'll keep checking on SugarSync to see if it adds one soon, but until then, I'm kinda left out unless there's another option I'm not aware of.

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I am running it on my Ubuntu box using Wine. Download the windows installer. Install into your user/documents folder. Not sure if it will pick up the installation for bonus purposes but at least it runs there!

Get it here:

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Update for SugarSynchttps://www.sugarsync.com/int/referral/index.html?referralCode=bphqo989rwb5m"https://www.sugarsync.com/int/referral/index.html?referralCode=bphqo989rwb5m"

Good news for SugarSync users! They have extended their bonus sign up offers. Get 500Mb more free with a free account (5.5Gb) or get 10Gb bonus with a paid account (40Gb for 4.99/month!) (if you are invited to join, PM me for an invite)

If you go paid account, or think you will upgrade start off witht he paid account and their 30 day free trial. That way it you keep the account you get the 10Gb bonus. You do not get the 10Gb bonus if you start off with a free account and upgrade it. Free and Paid users can now earn UNLIMITED bonus referral space from now till the end of March!! Get your account and start earning some free space!

Update for DropBox

Paid DropBox users can now earn up to 16Gb max in referral bonuses.

StephenBuckland

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Disagree. SugarSync= well-funded; but Syncables> SugarSync + Dropbox

Just saw a stat on the crackberry forums about Dropbox's venture capital funding and double-checked it on TechCrunch's CrunchBase - they've raised $7.25M since '07 and have backers like Sequoia and Accel. But SugarSync has raised a whopping $26.5M since '05, most notably from Draper Fisher Jurvetson.

Yet I have had inadequate experiences with the products from both companies. SugarSync was a bit buggy, and DB uses the cloud and their interface is almost boring.

I'm addicted to this stuff...trying out new technologies and staying ahead of the cruve. And, I have a pretty huge need for dependable sync/share/backup services. So, for free, I'm willing to try just about anything. I tried all of the above, and Syncables is the only software I've used that does everything great and lets me sync/backup everything on a LAN network or over WiFi using wireless sync.

The catch: all of these companies make you pay to really get the value you need. Certainly, DB and SugarSync try to draw you in with the free gb of storage, but for me at least the free version's storage capacity are pathetically small. With Syncables, I tried the free trial of the Syncables for Android app for a few days and was convinced it was worth upgrading fully to version 7 of Syncables 360. It's a beautiful product, I have quite literally every single one of my computers in sync - along with my Droid. And it's all done wirelessly over my own home network, so I can trust whatever I'm syncing or backing up is safe.

So, lesson for me? More VC funding does not necessarily equate to a better performing product. In this case, go with Syncables.

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried dropbox for a long while, it is nice to drag and drop, but that was about it! When it came to sharing content you can share just a file, or a folder. Password protected or not, daily email report activity on said file or folder, other person with access can contribut to a folder, or not, you can decide how you set up each share.

Other think i like is you can take a file someone shared with you and sync that folder, leave it as a web only archive, rearrange and copy it somewhere else in your share, all web based from anywhere!

Oh, and you can drag and drop onto the SugarSync icon too! Im just saying :)

Don't forget, if you sign up with a referral link you get a bonus 500Mb on the free account or 10Gb! Bonus on the paid accounts (starting at only $4.99/month with 30 days free to try it out!!!).

Referral Link Here: Try SugarSync

atlkr5

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I like both, bu tI have to put my plug in for PogoPlug.

My own HD space, whatever HD/s I put on it, Active sync, web accessible, Great interface, sharing with other for folders, files or slideshows. A great way to share your videos and photos . Android App, Browser for any OS, or clients for all OSs.

Pogoplug.com

An its not out on some server in the world.

One cool thing is I have my kids use it for storage of their Homework, that way they never forget the paper, it is open for anywhere.

It also has active Sync, a built in back up program for specific files, folder or the computer.

the desktop client maps a drive to the Pogo, so it is simple for even the novice user.

Best of all, I can expand my space as needed by adding USB drives.

Oh lets not forget if you have more then one pogo, or a family member has a pogo you can have them sync the data, like pic. movies etc.....

Cool product.

Anthony Burns

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Sugarsync

I have just joined Sugarsync and am loving it... Beats Dropbox in my humble opinion...

5GB free storage plus more with referrals...
Can sync any folder on your computer, not just one...
Good management software...
Good upload and download speeds...

Please use the link below to sign up and you and I will receive another 500MB of storage free...

https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=bf46qjtvwr3g

Cheers...

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Update:

So been with Sugarsync (and a few other services now) for while. Actually had to rely on the service as I was trying to set my wifes computer to dual boot and I formatted the wrong drive! Oops!

I tried SugarSync & Dropbox on my Transformer.

SugarSync: Was very nice, as soon as I logged in it asked if I wanted to sync the pictures I had taken with my transformer. Very cool!

DropBox: I had to manually tell it to upload, but it did have a nice search feature that SugarSync did not have.

Overall, I still like the extra room I can get with SugarSync referral program. Having maxed out Dropbox, it feels tiny compared to what I can store on SugarSync. Both apps were very well organized and easy to use.

SugarSync extended their referral program again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty