YouTube app won't force close, when Netflix or Pandora (possibly others) are open. Why?

Major Tommy

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
YouTube app won't force close, when Netflix or Pandora (possibly others) are open.

I have noticed for over a month now, that sometimes I cannot force close the YouTube app. I just narrowed it down, a few minutes ago.

Anytime that Pandora or Netflix is running, it does not allow me to force close YouTube. I keep pushing the button, but it just stays "on" (does not gray out). Once I force close Pandora and/or Netflix, I can go ahead immediately and fully close YouTube.

Additionally, if I have force closed YouTube app (or not launched it) and the Force Close button it is then greyed out, launching any of the following apps; YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, or TED Talks (and maybe more), will cause the YouTube's Force Close button to become active again, without me launching the YouTube app. I am guessing that means it is turned on, again.

Has Google found a way to track our use of said apps, from within? Have some of these companies (Netflix and Pandora) allowed this?

This happens on both of my current devices, Galaxy S4/KitKat, and Nexus 7/Lollipop.

Any info or suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana