People Hub style social media aggregator (with contact grouping)

iamstevie

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi all - I have been on the lookout for some years now, for a social media aggregator that works much like the People Hub in Windows Phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The critical features I am looking for are:

(1) Ability to aggregate status updates from Facebook and Twitter (at the minimum, ideally others!)
(2) Ability to use or create feeds for various contact groups (e.g. a group feed for family contacts, a group feed for friends, a group feed for coworkers etc)

A number of apps can I believe can do (1), but I've yet to find anything that can do (2) as well!

Many thanks!

iamstevie

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the suggestion. Great app but not quite what I'm looking for - it's not able to aggregate multiple sources into a single stream, or filter those streams to specific contacts.

Found an app called Sparksfly which looks promising - UI is a little dodge but seems to have the features on paper. Unfortunately FB isn't currently working on it, but I'll post some thoughts once its fixed.

If anyone has any other thoughts on possible apps would love to hear them!

iamstevie

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Still struggling to find anything, and Sparksfly is looking like a lost cause.. still has problems connecting to Facebook, no widget and a frustrating UI.

Hard to believe that the People Hub has been Windows Phone's best feature for 5 years, yet still nothing similar has ever been developed for Android!! Surely theres a developer out there who has thought of doing this, instead of some millionth iteration of Instasnapbook!?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer