After Factory Reset, Google Play Restores Tablet Apps and not Phone

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This has always happened the past few phones that I've gotten, and I've never found a way to fix it. Every time I get a new phone or factory reset my phone, after I log into Google Play Store, it automatically tries to restore apps, but it restores the ones on my Nexus 7, and not the ones that were on my phone. I always end up cancelling the auto-restore, and manually installing all the apps I remember being installed on my phone.

Is there any way to ignore the Nexus 7 backup and restore from my latest phone backup? BTW I'm on KitKat and not sure if this has been addressed in Lollipop.

Thanks in advance.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This has always happened the past few phones that I've gotten, and I've never found a way to fix it. Every time I get a new phone or factory reset my phone, after I log into Google Play Store, it automatically tries to restore apps, but it restores the ones on my Nexus 7, and not the ones that were on my phone. I always end up cancelling the auto-restore, and manually installing all the apps I remember being installed on my phone.

Is there any way to ignore the Nexus 7 backup and restore from my latest phone backup? BTW I'm on KitKat and not sure if this has been addressed in Lollipop.

Thanks in advance.

This has been addressed in Lollipop. you can pick and choose which app and backup to install
This is the new automatic setup assistant in Android 5.0 Lollipop | Android Central