Can I get some help with a few sync problems with an iMap email account?

A

AC Question

Sync problems with imap email account

Hi,

Was using my imap email account on the stock mail app on a samsung s4 mini without any problems. Switched to a samsung s6 and used the exact same settings as on the s4 but my inbox won't sync properly. I removed the account and added it back, it worked fine for about 12 hours and now I have the same problem again. I tried several different sync settings but the problem persists. The inbox says it has synced with current time but I don't receive the new mails or the mails I moved or deleted still appear in the inbox. I also have a samsung tablet with the same imap settings and that syncs perfectly, as does my PC laptop.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sync problems with imap email account

The standard email app Samsung includes on the phone really seems to be troublesome. A lot of people have various problems with the Samsung email app. Your best fix for this is probably to just replace it with a better email app.

There's plenty of good choices in the Play store, both free and non-free. Such as K-9, Type Mail, My Mail, Cloud Magic, Maildroid and my favorite, AquaMail just to name a few. Too many to mention them all. One of them should suit your needs.