Issues syncing contacts with IMAP Outlook account

wgrayson

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
For years, my desktop Outlook (Exchange ActiveSync), Office Outlook, and Galaxy phones synced flawlessly. I retired, and needed to relinquish the ActiveSync. Just so happens that my home/personal emails still sync from all of my desktop/laptops with my phone ---- all are connected to the email provided (Spectrum) through IMAP. However, I cannot get my contacts and calendars to sync. More than likely the phone is defaulting back to the Google Calendar & Contact Apps on the phone. I have tried to add my Outlook IMAP account to both Calendar and phone, but it keeps giving me the error message: "The email account is already connected with IMAP. Would you like to connect it again with another service? Cancel or Continue?" When I hit continue it gives me a list of option ---- Exchange, ActiveSync, etc. and I choose Pop3 (IMAPs already taken, remember?) However, I get an error message when I put in the manual server credentials.

So, how do I get my syncing back? Any ideas?

wgrayson

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's weird. I have an MS 365 subscription, but licensed through my university. It seems to get me access to applications, but not the actual inbox. What's weird is that I've been connecting my email / calendar through POP3 for 15 or 20 years because my data is hosted by my ISP provider (Spectrum) so I assumed the POP3 or IMAP path would be workable.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
IMAP does not support contact and calendar syncing. Period.

It's only for email syncing.

If you have an MS account - say username@outlook.com, which you can create for yourself for free, then you can login and setup that account in any email app as an exchange account. Then you will have contact and calendar syncing.

But then you'll have to import your standalone contacts into the MS account. It will give you syncing across all your devices though.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter