Facebook Love it or Hate it...

Facebook... Love it or Hate it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it's pretty much a complete waste of time. I can't believe the amount of 50 year old baby boomers wasting hours and hours playing stupid games like farmville. Like the android vrs I phone video on youtube, I want to cut my freaking arm off so I can beat to death the next a-hole to send me a farmville request!

Last edited:

dadds27

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i have no choice to love it because it connects my life. if google made something better i would run both until more people used the google one

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I can see how it could be useful to businesses. But everyone I want to talk to has my email, or phone number.

I can't believe how many folks (at the company I work for) have lost +$30/hour jobs because they couldn't resist going to facebook during working hours. I just don't understand it....

VaccPalm

May 21, 2010
Visit site
USed it when it started and got off it years ago and cant believe that people waste there lives away on that . ALso cant believe that people share there kids pics , what they are doing etc with everyone. Its like opening up your wallet and your life to the world. Ive seen marriages and relationships ended over facebook because of the flirting and ex;s you suddenly are in contact with again. I work with a few married guys and gals and I can honeslty say all of them are cyber cheating on there spouces. (talking with exes and some meeting them and there wife/husband has no clue) , I find that verry sad but to each there own.

I have zero interest in talking to people from high school again and i definetly dont want them to know what i am watching on TV tonight etc.

Facebook always seemed to me as a way to feel important and tell people what your doing like they care. "Im walking my dog right now. "Im eating a ham sandwhich" . Who gives a krapp.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: tluv004

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
USed it when it started and got off it years ago and cant believe that people waste there lives away on that . ALso cant believe that people share there kids pics , what they are doing etc with everyone. Its like opening up your wallet and your life to the world. Ive seen marriages and relationships ended over facebook because of the flirting and ex;s you suddenly are in contact with again. I work with a few married guys and gals and I can honeslty say all of them are cyber cheating on there spouces. (talking with exes and some meeting them and there wife/husband has no clue) not a fan of that but to each there own.

I have zero interest in talking to people from high school again and i definetly dont want them to know what i am watching on TV tonight etc.

Facebook always seemed to me as a way to feel important and tell people what your doing like they care. "Im walking my dog right now. "Im eating a ham sandwhich" . Who gives a krapp.

X 2...

cfusinpm

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a great messaging and networking tool to keep in touch and organize things with friends. Being 26, I embrace it and love it. That being said, I also neglect to post any information I wouldn't want to shout to the world. I'm also very concious of the things I post, which are usually links to things my friends would think were funny or interesting or updates on my photography work.

Also, I think pretty much every game and "app" on facebook is a massive waste of time. Poker was the only one I played, but even that is terrible now because everyone plays like crap. Seriously, who calls all the way down with 6/3 OS to catch a runner runner straight after big raises pre and post flop with 2 overs and a flush draw on the board?

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
A lot of techies seem to be posting there. Not to mention businesses.
If you want info, seems you have to look on FB at times.
I was interested in a phone service called Truphone. Emailed contact service, no answer. The answer to my question was on Truphone's Facebook page, and I was able to get followup info.
Z

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It does serve it's purpose and has been really good with reuniting friends from High School -- including the planning of our 10 year reunion. Not to mention many people whom have found family and friends through the social site.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It is a real good way to stay connected to people that I would normally not stay in contact with (old high school friends for an example.) It is only a waste of time, you you waste your time on it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
As a social network: I don't like it. People post mindless things on there. Take away status updates. They are misused. Only grant access to businesses or such to post.

Maybe it's not facebook. Maybe its just the people. Their mindless stupidity coming out.

I don't use the messaging service much. I speak to maybe one person through there because they are too dumb to figure out email and use it.

chat is ok, but not many people sit down at the computer to chat. And if your on your phone there its text, email, g talk, etd.

I can't wait till something better comes along for people to switch to. During this process I will be lost in the transition and not sign up. Disappearing from the online social network for good.

As for the app: you can't edit your profile, friends, account. Not even on the mobile website. Chat will continue to "load" when there are no friends online instead of saying no one is online.

Hate how it loads into news feed first instead of the menu. Why doesn't the menu go into landscape? Profile info doesn't show everything.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
yeah, I was about to suggest Linkedin. most all social sites are filled with nonesense postings. thats what makes them popular in guess, lol.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I love Facebook because it allows me to talk to all of my friends (all 2 of em!) I hate the Android app because it is slow, bulky and messaging and push notifications are broken.

Sent from my Nexus S

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If people are posting mindless, annoying things on Facebook, it's your friends, not Facebook.

Sure, you have people who constantly post about their mundane lives, narcissists who constantly post awful photos of themselves, drama queens who post all the "woe is me" crap, people you've met once that think they're you're best pal, etc.

In those situations, I either de-friend those people or simply hide them from the news feed. Problem solved. If you don't want to hear from people from high school you haven't spoken to in 15 years, then don't accept their friend request in the first place

But there are people with meaningful things to share who maybe moved away or now have their own families so it's harder to connect with them. The chat is useful because everyone has access to it instead of people spread across a half dozen different clients.

Most of the things people complain about on Facebook are completely under their control. Games? Facebook isn't the first place people could play games online, so I don't see where that's an issue. Too much time online? AOL perfected that in the 90's. Yes there are some inane things available, but no one is forced to use them.

It isn't really Facebook as it's the always unlimited access nature of the modern internet.

beandon

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There are just so many problems with the app, sometimes i never get updates and other small things going wrong. Its ok, but sometimes the browser works better for updates while the app works better for viewing photos and seeing links.

They need to combine the two or something. Offer the features of both in one new awesome app.

but thats just me.

rated Ok

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If people are posting mindless, annoying things on Facebook, it's your friends, not Facebook.

Sure, you have people who constantly post about their mundane lives, narcissists who constantly post awful photos of themselves, drama queens who post all the "woe is me" crap, people you've met once that think they're you're best pal, etc.

In those situations, I either de-friend those people or simply hide them from the news feed. Problem solved. If you don't want to hear from people from high school you haven't spoken to in 15 years, then don't accept their friend request in the first place

But there are people with meaningful things to share who maybe moved away or now have their own families so it's harder to connect with them. The chat is useful because everyone has access to it instead of people spread across a half dozen different clients.

Most of the things people complain about on Facebook are completely under their control. Games? Facebook isn't the first place people could play games online, so I don't see where that's an issue. Too much time online? AOL perfected that in the 90's. Yes there are some inane things available, but no one is forced to use them.

It isn't really Facebook as it's the always unlimited access nature of the modern internet.

I would end up deleting everyone. Messaging is fine for that. I don't like status updates. But then again I wouldn't use it. I prefer email.