Searchify - translate, calculate, wiki search and more from the quick search box

olilan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to let you all know about my new app. It's called Searchify, it's free, and it hooks in to the Quick Search Box (on Android 1.6 or higher) to let you do all sorts of things.

Searchify lets you perform translations, calculations, unit conversions, wikipedia searches, calendar entry and more just by typing in searches.

Some of the things you can do with it:

Unit convertor: type a quantity (e.g. ?10 pints? or ?5 oz?) into the search box to see a list of conversions.

Calendar entry: Type an event in text (e.g. ?tue 3pm meeting? or "tomorrow 3pm - thursday 5am event @ John's") to add it to your calendar.

Translator: Type ?translate? then a word or phrase in any language to see translations into languages of your choice.

Wikipedia: Type anything to bring back search results from Wikipedia that will link you direct to the Wikipedia page.

Calculator: Just type a sum right into the search box.

Keyword search: like in Firefox, type e.g. ?twt android? to search twitter, or ?dict something? to search a dictionary.

Like any app that works with the Quick Search Box, at first the search results appear under "More results...", but once you've used it a few times they'll appear in the main bit of search results.

I hope people find the app useful - if you have any problems with it let me know.

Thanks!
Oli.

SearchifyQR.jpg

calendarshot.jpg

unitconvshot.jpg

wikishot.jpg

olilan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Searchify has just been updated and now includes Calendar Search! This lets you search both past and future events in your calendar direct from the quick search box.

See the searchify website for details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress