app for viewing IP cameras

osutuba

The Tuba Geek
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a son with special needs. We have had a camera setup in his room in the past so we can monitor his nurses, check up on him at night, etc., but these have always been the baby monitor type.

I have a wireless network setup at home and want to purchase an IP-based camera system. The only problem is I don't really have a lot of cash to spend. Also, I want my wife and I to be able to pull it up on our Android phones if we aren't at home or near a computer.

I saw the one listed on this thread but it is way out of my price range. The one featured recently on the front page is also a bit pricey. If anyone has any other (less expensive) suggestions, I'd be welcome to them. Thanks!

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This might be right up your alley. It is around $100 and you are able to view remotely on your android.
Network Cameras Solutions| DLink

aTeQA8EIBoJ3LKdExG0v16OvjW9RcLuo7jHh-8N_oCD4yuq9aGFMDERnBnxI2Yqxk0uCtwQHzWLbW1ahtZ-i0i3ns_I_Ahdiwi1w6KF3Q2J4ZYYH7Q0z2bGSCC8N

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi, this is a very good camera for the price.

Newegg.com - Rosewill RXS-3211 640 x 480 (VGA, QVGA, QQVGA) MAX Resolution RJ45 10/100Mbps MPEG4 and MJPEG IP Network Camera

They go on sale for $40 a lot so you could put in a price alert for that if you wanted.

A friend owns this and several more expensive ones and he told me he likes this one a lot.

Just get that and stream it to a web page that you can view on your phone.

Try this software:
Blue Iris - Home

I hope this helps. Both will be under $100-ish.