Go Launcher EX not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

poison81

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I have a mytouch 4g and I installed the Go Launcher EX for a new theme but it's not working at all, when I tried to open the Go Launcher it doesn't do anything at all! now I'm trying to uninstall and it doesn't get deleted... Please help! :confused:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming this is a theme for ADW EX right? If so you could try to uninstall ADW and then reinstall it.

I haven't messed with themes so I'm not sure if that'll work or not.

poison81

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello, no it's Go Launcher EX... I tried to install the Cartoon Theme GO Launcher but is not working at all so I erased that theme... now I'm trying to erase the Launcher but I can't... :'(

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Go Launcher is a launcher similar to ADW. It is not a theme. I am running Go Launcher EX fine on my Droid X. Have you tried to go to the market and uninstall it from there?

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So you installed go launcher ex and it worked fine? Then you tried to change the theme and it broke? What exactly isn't working? Can you clear the application defaults and switch back to htc sense?

dr

Sent from my mobile

poison81

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I liked this Cartoon Theme Go Launcher, after I downloaded the theme and in the Description it says that you need to have the latest version of Go Launcher EX installed to access the theme, so I looked for Go Launcher EX and I downloaded. When I try to open the Go Launcher EX It won't do anything... :confused: Is there something else I need to do? Thanks for the help!
As you can notice I'm new to this phone :-[

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I would uninstall the theme first. Then set the htc sense theme to "clean slate". You can save your current theme if you'd like.

Then go to settings - applications - manage applications - all tab - htc sense and clear the default permissions. When you then press the home button (lower left capacitive button) you should be prompted to select a launcher. Use go launcher ex and set it as the default. Then download and install the theme. Reverse the directions to return to sense.

dr

Sent from my mobile

Edit - clarity

Reactions: poison81

nrhtx

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Afternoon all,
Question I decided to install Go Launcher EX and noticed that I have to keep pressing the launcher that I want several times. I already cleared the defaults for both and told it to be the default for Go Launcher EX. I also installed Home Manager app, Home Switcher and Home Switcher for Froyo and the weird thing is when I got into Titanium or Market and then click on Home it always prompts me to select which launcher I want.

I am about to give up and use the HTC Sense, The reason I like Go Launcher EX or LauncherPro is because I can reduce the windows and Love the bottom scrolling bar.

HTC EVO

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having that problem with Go Keyboard. It never remembers the theme I want to keep as my default. I tried looking on their website but came up empty.

Mikedoe

Apr 4, 2021
Visit site
Hello dear, to uninstall go launcher ex from android you can check out following steps:

Step 1: Enter the Setting Option-
At first, you need to find the android setting. Swipe over the device interface and select the setting option.

Step 2: Select Location and Security-
After entering the setting options, swipe over to all heading. Then tap the location and security option.

Step 3: Tap Device Administrators-
You have to swipe over after tapping the location and security. Then you will find the device administrators option. Click on the device administrator option.

Step 4: Deselect the Check Box-
In the device administrator option, you need to deselect the go launcher ex's check box option. After that, you have to allow the deactivate option.

Step 5: Click Uninstall Option-
Now you have to go to the manage applications option. Then click on the uninstall option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87