Droid Google Voice issues

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem? When I try to listen to a voicemail on the Google Voice app, the volume is very low. I mean I have to increase the in call volume to max just to hear anything when listening to the voicemail. When a call comes in I can hear everything just fine with the volume one tick above 50%. What can be going on?

Also- could someone answer this question - When using GV to listen to voicemail, when are you losing minutes from your plan? When someone is yacking for a few minutes while leaving you the voicemail, while you listen to a voicemail via GV app, or BOTH? Thanks!!

G

GenericMessage

Just while you listen.

Someone can leave 16 hrs of voice-mail on my account, but it doesn't charge you minuets until you actually dial in to check them.

as for the GV issues........I really cannot comment. I am not a big fan of it yet. I have an account, but until it allows VOIP, I wont use it.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem? When I try to listen to a voicemail on the Google Voice app, the volume is very low. I mean I have to increase the in call volume to max just to hear anything when listening to the voicemail. When a call comes in I can hear everything just fine with the volume one tick above 50%. What can be going on?

Also- could someone answer this question - When using GV to listen to voicemail, when are you losing minutes from your plan? When someone is yacking for a few minutes while leaving you the voicemail, while you listen to a voicemail via GV app, or BOTH? Thanks!!

I have the same volume problem, it's a problem with the app itself. I think they need to put an update through to fix it, I don't know why it's taking so long though it's been almost a month or 2 since I got my account and it's been this way the whole time.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just while you listen.

Someone can leave 16 hrs of voice-mail on my account, but it doesn't charge you minuets until you actually dial in to check them.

as for the GV issues........I really cannot comment. I am not a big fan of it yet. I have an account, but until it allows VOIP, I wont use it.

I'm pretty sure you have this backwards. When calls are sent to Google Voice Mail, they are done so via call forwarding no answer/busy transfer. When the call is connected, minutes are being used. When you download and listen to the voicemail on your phone, you are using data to do so.

If Google Voicemail doesn't work for you, try PF Voicemail. As I've written before, it worked better in my testing.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
EtYou need to change the settings in Google voice to have the message played via The speaker as opposed to the earpiece you hold up to your head. Once you do that it will be plenty loud for you.

Googlers voice needs a setting to play through the Bluetooth headset

Tackleberry

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
When using the GV app to listen to your voice mail it DOES NOT go against your minutes. The voicemail you listen to is downloaded using data as an MP3 file. Calls thru the GV app are against your minutes (depending on how you have it set up) and voicemail thru the GV app are data.

There are many people having this same problem with not being able to hear the voicemail thru the GV app. It is a known problem and supposedly Google is working on it. www google.com /support /voice/ (cant post link's)

G

GenericMessage

I'm pretty sure you have this backwards. When calls are sent to Google Voice Mail, they are done so via call forwarding no answer/busy transfer. When the call is connected, minutes are being used. When you download and listen to the voicemail on your phone, you are using data to do so.

If Google Voicemail doesn't work for you, try PF Voicemail. As I've written before, it worked better in my testing.

Nope, I don't actually. So I will clarify

The thread stated that if someone left them a voice-mail does it count against their minuets while they are leaving the voice mail or while he is checking the voice-mail, or both.

So therefore I stated that the only time minuets is when you are actually checking the voice-mail.

***Update***

Being a google voice user, I have just now tried this and no, Minuets are not used when someone calls and leaves a voicemail on your system, minuets begin with you actually MAKE the call to check.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Maybe we used Google Voice Mail differently then. When I setup Google Voice Mail, Verizon started forwarding inbound calls to an outside Google Voicemail #. I can see in my usage details on Verizon Wireless dot com that there are many many calls to this Google Voice Mail #. In fact there's a corresponding minute to every inbound call that went to voicemail. These calls are not me calling into the system, these are the calls from people calling me and being forwarded to that #.

I also had the Google Voice app installed on my phone, and whenever I wanted to listen to a message that someone had left me, my phone used the data connection to download the message to my phone. I didn't dial anything, thus I used zero minutes to do this.

Last edited:
G

GenericMessage

Maybe we used Google Voice Mail differently then. When I setup Google Voice Mail, Verizon started forwarding inbound calls to an outside Google Voicemail #. I can see in my usage details on Verizon Wireless dot com that there are many many calls to this Google Voice Mail #. In fact there's a corresponding minute to every inbound call that went to voicemail. These calls are not me calling into the system, these are the calls from people calling me and being forwarded to that #.

I also had the Google Voice app installed on my phone, and whenever I wanted to listen to a message that someone had left me, my phone used the data connection to download the message to my phone. I didn't dial anything, thus I used zero minutes to do this.

Odd. I really dunno what to say.

Well, I use 0 min with the voicemail thing now. I just listen to them on my computer. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non