Looking for WiFi auto on/off app

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid Turbo 2 with Marshmallow. Just upgraded recently after the DT1 died. I like to turn my WiFi off when I am not using it, but hate having to turn it on when I want it on, such as coming home from work.

I used to use the app "WiFi Matic - Auto On Off" for years, but when I upgraded, that app never shut WiFi off when cell phone tower triangulation should have told the phone I was out of range. If i pulled down the top menu, I would see WiFi was on.

I am thinking since this app hasn't been updated in like six months it is a Marshmallow thing. But my other issue is when I try to Google Play search and find an app, it hasn't been updated in sometimes years.

Is there an app that does this that is up to date and can be found on Google Play? I don't want it timed on an off or anything like that. I want cell phone triangulation to know I am near a saved and preferred WiFi spot and kick on/off as I enter/leave.

Thanks in advance for your kind help. I know some people don't care if WiFi is on all day, but this is just a personal preference of mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I like Automate for any variety of automated functions. I especially appreciate the visual approach to creating the tasks.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Smart WiFi Toggler may (no guarantees) do what you want. (I have too many apps running to be sure.)

I will try yours first. Seems decent. I will have errands to run tomorrow so it will be tested for sure. I can give it a good litmus test over a few days if tomorrow goes well.

Thanks!

ecksmc

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
try phone schedule app allows wifi Bluetooth volume and loads more set tasks in the app and it will switch of and on anytime of day or night really good and lightweight app

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I like Automate for any variety of automated functions. I especially appreciate the visual approach to creating the tasks.

I am trying yours now. It already had a preset "home Wi-Fi" one built in. We will see how it works but given Sunday is a lazy day, Monday going to and from work is that litmus test.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
try phone schedule app allows wifi Bluetooth volume and loads more set tasks in the app and it will switch of and on anytime of day or night really good and lightweight app

Automate is failing. I'm trying yours and then I am done and will go manual. It is either a phone or OS issue.

Red2Angel

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know any app/method to automatically enable my WiFi at a certain time on certain days?

Automate has the 'timepart' down but not the days....

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Took me some time to find and test but WiFi - Automatic by a Google Play app maker named j4velin works perfectly for Marshmallow. It does turn on and off for the WiFi network you set up.

The catch: One setup is free. If you have multiple areas you use WiFi and want to setup, such as a connection at home and at a place such as work, you have to pay to upgrade the app and allow for more than one. But if you only need one place like me, you're free and clear.

Attached is a screenshot of the Google Play view of the app so you know it when you search for it.

The search is over for me. I have tested it several days to complete satisfaction. It does turn on/off WiFi appropriately as I enter/leave my apartment complex.

Attachments

• 8788.jpg
    8788.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii