Best way to connect multiple Google Photo accounts

quik4life

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

New to Android... just got my DTEK50 and loving it.

Is there a way to connect multiple Google Photo accounts? Whether my wife or myself takes a picture, we want them all to be in sync. This way, if I take a pic or she takes a pic, we all have the same ones in Google Photos automatically.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Option 1 - Can I sign into my wife's Google Photos app with my login, and then she do the same on my phone? If I do this, then does that mean only one account gets sync'd/backed up, and the other account doesn't?

Option 2 - Is a better solution for me to create a "family" google account and use that just for photos? The negative with this is that we each own a laptop and plan to get the Google Drive desktop app for each one. There are files of hers I don't want on my laptop and vice versa; we just want our photos/videos to be in sync.

My wife doesn't have her Android phone yet so I'm unable to try out different options to see what works. If I have to go with Option 2, then I want to create that new email now and link it to my Photos, and not have to worry about transferring over pics later when my wife gets her phone.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can't 'link' the Camera back up accounts, but you can make the album a shared one. Just go into Google Photos, find the album you want to keep in sync, and make it a collaborative one. Then use the other account to subscribe to it, and done! Any pictures uploaded to that album will show on all participant's Photos, and both can upload, edit, and delete stuff from it.

quik4life

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
You can't 'link' the Camera back up accounts, but you can make the album a shared one. Just go into Google Photos, find the album you want to keep in sync, and make it a collaborative one. Then use the other account to subscribe to it, and done! Any pictures uploaded to that album will show on all participant's Photos, and both can upload, edit, and delete stuff from it.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm looking for an automatic solution. Not sure if your recommendation accomplishes this... If it does, I apologize... I'm an Android newbie (2 weeks). I don't want to have to use the Shared folder option because then I will have to manually select and move pictures to that folder.

All I want is for the same photos on my phone to be on my wife's phone and vice versa, but I want all this to happen automatically... i.e., if I take a picture, it pops up on her Google Photos without me having to do anything more than take the picture.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
In that case, the only way I can think of is to create a shared account JUST for camera pictures. You can add multiple Google accounts to your phone and only sync Photos to the shared account. That way both your camera and hers would show up in that shared account but your own stuff would remain private in each other's account.

quik4life

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
In that case, the only way I can think of is to create a shared account JUST for camera pictures. You can add multiple Google accounts to your phone and only sync Photos to the shared account. That way both your camera and hers would show up in that shared account but your own stuff would remain private in each other's account.
Does the Google Photos app allow you to auto back up to more than one account? For instance, I want to create a shared Google account for me and my wife. Will my personal pics and the pics I want to go to the shared account both be active and auto sync'd?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried it but I don't see why not. Once you have two accounts set up on your phone, you get individual sync options for each and a drop-down selector on all Google apps to select the account you want to see.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member