Is Android Device Manager already activated when we buy an android phone?

rickihaseo

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering is Android Device Manager is already activated when we buy a new android phone?
Or is there any list which tells what phones that have already activated the Android Device Manager from first time we boot up a new phone.

Thank you.

rickihaseo

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
I have Asus Zenfone 4 run on Android 4.4.2 system. I never know about ADM nor change the setting before, i read on internet about how it works and i tried to erase my phone using ADM, guess what, it works, it reset to factory setting. without start the app manually or all android phones are like that.
i also tried to use Ringing Phone ADM feature to my friends Samsung A3 with my account signed in and it also works, and he same as me, he don't know about ADM nor setting it up.
That's why i am wondering this ADM feature is activated from start we boot up or set up manually.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think most devices come with the remote wipe function turned on. You can tell by going to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and seeing if Android Device Manager is checked on or not.

The app on the Play Store is only if you want to remotely lock/wipe another device using that phone. The app on the Play Store does not have to be installed on your device in order for it to be remotely wiped/locked.

rickihaseo

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think most devices come with the remote wipe function turned on. You can tell by going to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and seeing if Android Device Manager is checked on or not.

The app on the Play Store is only if you want to remotely lock/wipe another device using that phone. The app on the Play Store does not have to be installed on your device in order for it to be remotely wiped/locked.

I see, thank you

hardivora

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Hii rickiha,
Not all the time and device have already activated Android Device Manager. When I bought my new phone, it wasn't activated by default. I need to activate it from the settings. As it is mentioned above, From Setting -> Security -> Device Administrator -> ADM. Where you need to enable that option. You will find other settings and installed launchers there, too! If you wish to enable and disable it ;) For your personal device, it is enough and don't need to install an app from Playstore. :)