So many updates for apps

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Android, HTC Evo for about 8 months, and I really do like the OS. I cam from WebOS, and both are really good OSes.

One of the issues that I am tired of, is the huge number of updates to apps that have nothing to do with your phone. I've literally updated Pule Reader and Huffingtonpost about 5 times in the last 2-3 weeks. Updates to deal with the Nexus S, Atrix, Xoom, Droid X, Honeycomb, everything that has nothing to do with a huge portion of the phones.

It's not a really a big deal, but just a little annoying. Love or Hate, iOS or WebOS, they have the benefit of having little to no fragmentation on their phones. Maybe android looks at the phone and sees if an update is necessary. If the update is to deal with Xoom compatibility, why does everyone have to download it. Idk.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If it's annoying then simply don't update. You are not forced to update any apps, only notified when an update is available. I'm glad I get as many updates that come through. That means the developer is actively supporting the app and not ignoring consumer feedback - even if I don't see changes on my device.

alostpacket

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
It's a common problem with widget apps. And now there is a bit of a growing pain with all the tablets.

You can ignore updates by turning off the notifications in the market settings if you wish though.

I'd say generally it's not as bad and some devs clearly update too often but mostly I agree with srkmagnus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo