Solution for Facebook contact sync?

arknu

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I'm getting a OnePlus 3T in the next couple of days. I've been using Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile since 2012, where I'm enjoying Facebook contacts syncing with the built-in People app.

Knowing that Android has similar features, I expected this to work on Android as well. Much to my surprise, Facebook has apparently decided that Android users should not have contact sync and removed the feature from the app. iOS apparently still has it and so does Windows 10 Mobile. So why not Android?

Obviously, the only one who can fix this properly is Facebook. Meanwhile, what are the workarounds? From reading in various places, it seems no simple solution is available. Honestly, I'm shocked that such a basic feature is not supported on what is by far the largest smartphone platform. (though heartened to find out that my Lumia 950 can do something that Android phones can't)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You'll need a 3rd party app to do so. Facebook includes the functionality with some devices per agreements with manufacturers, but not all have it. (Older Samsung phones used to have it, for instance).

I use Sync.Me and so far it's working great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress