SMS to PC?

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
OK so I am sitting at my computer with my Droid in its dock charging/connected to my PC via usb.

I receive sms messages and have to pick my phone up out of the dock thus bringing it out of dock mode/ stopping the charge, answer the text, then place it back in the dock restarting the cycle.

I would like to get rid of taking out of the dock and all that jazz by just having my sms forwarded to my PC screen. Now I know PdaNet can do this when it is connected and running. Instead of having to connect to PdaNet and use that entire service is there something that will just do the sms to PC thing?

I am running DroidMod so I have wifi tether and really do not need PdaNet, I'd really like to know if having something do this is available and if not can it be done/made? Can PdaNet just do this and not the tether part?

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Google Voice will allow you do that.

Not sure if I do not know how to do this or we may just be missing what I want to get done. I just want my sms that I receive while docked and only while docked to be displayed on my computer. I do not see that anywhere in voice

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
or did you mean google talk? Either way I do not know how to get that function to work, any help?

Last edited:

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
That would be cool for SMS ... Google talk will do this (not for sms but gtalk). I get notification of a chat on the phone and computer (if browser is open) and which ever one I respond to .. will carry on the conversation on that device (pc or droid). Cool!

The simple fix is to not use the dock and just plug in the USB cable to the droid .. thats what I do. You can then charge and use it easily. But I would be interested if someone has an app for this ..

jt921

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
i have the free version of pdanet. if i have the phone hooked up to my desktop computer, is there a way to get it to connect to the computer so i can use the on screen sms but not connect to the net?

is this a feature on the full version of pda net?

right now when i try to connect it it hits an error trying to connect to the net and then the whole phone disconnects from the computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress