USB C to USB C Charging - Screen Stays On

sparko24

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So got a weird situation where if charging my Pixel 8 Pro in my car. If using the USB C charging dock, the screen will not turn off while charging. Even if I turn it off, it goes right back on. Never had this issue with my Pixels before and doesn't happen with my wife's iPhone. But if I use the USB A charging dock in the car, no issues and the screen stays off.

No issues doing USB C to USB C charging from any house outlets either.

Anyone ever seen this? Not the biggest deal since I can just use other charging methods but kind of annoying.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this dock have an integrated USB-C cable? Or are you swapping out cables? You mentioned it doesn't happen with your wife's iPhone, so I'm wondering if she's swapping out for a Lightning cable, or if she has an iPhone 15 with a USB-C port as well.

I ask this in case there's an issue with the cable. I the dock just has an integrated USB-C plug, then my question would obviously be irrelevant. 😁

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
Are you driving a Ford by chance? Both my P8P and P6P have done this in my Ford Fusion. There have been a lot of reported USB issues (both hardware and software) with a number of Ford models. The fact that many models also provide extremely low charging wattage (my Fusion offers 6 watts to charge my P8P rated at 27 watts) can be problematic and cause issues with some phones. Personally, I would try to charge your phone in another, preferably late-model, vehicle to see if it does the same thing.

DonnieH

Apr 13, 2024
Visit site
If you can access Developer options - there is a button labeled Stay Awake. This sets so the display stays lit during charging - if you can get into Developer options, you may have Stay Awake turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you can access Developer options - there is a button labeled Stay Awake. This sets so the display stays lit during charging - if you can get into Developer options, you may have Stay Awake turned on.
This wouldn't explain why the screen stays on when using a USB-A to USB-C charging cable, though. It only seems to happen with USB-C to USB-C charging cables, according to the OP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky