Android Auto doesn't work with AT&T version of Note 4 for me, how can I get it working?

Neil Roehm

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Android Auto doesn't work with AT&T version of Note 4 for me

I just purchased a Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX to install in my 2009 Toyota Tacoma. I cannot get the Android Auto to work after several hours of attempts.
My setup is:
Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX w/FW version 1.03
AT&T version of Samsung Note 4 running Lollipop 5.01
Android Auto loaded

All correct settings are correct. Including USB2, Other, Android Auto in the 8100NEX setup

When I plug in the phone to the USB the Note 4 flashes for a second and that's it. It then that the only thing it does is charge the phone.

Does anyone have a clue how I can get this operating?
Thanks
Neil

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android Auto doesn't work with AT&T version of Note 4 for me

Some have reported problems with Android Auto being sensitive to a good USB connection and when they switched to a different USB cable their problems went away. Have you been able to try an alternate cable?

Neil Roehm

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

I have about 5 different versions of the cable, 1 being the Samsung, another being that the comes with the Pioneer cable kit. Other 3 or more are basic cables. But none work.

osho841

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

Try enableing USB debugging on the phone and then plugging it in to the receiver.
1. Enter "Settings", then, click "About Phone".
Step 2. Tap "Build number" for 7 times until you get a note "You are under developer mode".
Step 3. Then back to "Setting", then, click "Developer options".
Step 4. The last step, tick "USB debugging"

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

I'd also try pulling down the notification area, then changing the USB connection. (Look for "Charge only," MTP, etc ... I forget exactly what the options are. Try flipping through those and see if one works.)

Neil Roehm

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

osho841, your info did it. Just placing it in debug mode seem to have kick started the setup process. It now works. Thanks much.