Cheapest way to get Google Maps via Android Auto?

thirdspace

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
HI everyone - my first post. My Golf has Android Auto, but typically I use Apple Car Play as my company phone is an iPhone. However I use Google Maps on a daily basis as my Satnav of choice. Given that I have an iPhone with a company data account, what would be the cheapest way to get some kind of Android device that will give me Google Maps through Android Auto?

Thanks in advance

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Any device that came out this year would be a safe bet. Moto G is probably the best decent, low-price option. But even if your car didn't support Android Auto, now that Android Auto supports 'stand alone' mode, you can just prop up your phone and you'll get the same experience, sans the usually bigger screen of the car audio system, though.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
According to the Android Auto webpage any Android phone running 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher will work with your car's built in AA capability. At this point you should be able to find a relatively cheap 5.0 or higher device. If AA is your only reason for getting it you can probably find something used super cheap on Swappa or the like.