Drive, photos, and Google+

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
So I backup my photos to drive. I have Google+ setup so I can see the photos in the photos app which I can see on Google+. One folder I disabled so I cant see it in the photos app and I can't get it back. Does anyone know a way to get that folder back?

-Jason

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How did you disable the folder? Did you do it from Google Photos or from Drive? Did you just hide the folder from the highlights? Make sure you're looking at the Albums view, not the Highlights view. To see all Albums, tap the Photos icon at the upper left (or swipe in from the left), then tap Albums.

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Go into the photos app, tap the headline of the folder, hit the overflow menu and tick the hide from highlights.

-Jason

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right, so it's hidden from the Highlights, but if you go to the full Album View (as I described above), you should be able to see that folder again. You can then select it, tap the menu button, and then uncheck the Hide from Highlights button if you want to see it in the Highlights view again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What doesn't work? Are you saying that the album doesn't reappear in the Highlights? Or are you unable to see the album in the Album View? Do you need the folder to reappear in the Highlights view in the first place? The Album view is more comprehensive.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure, make sure the Photos app is still set to display photos from Google Drive.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Funny, I just realized I'm responding to two of your posts. Considering that they both relate to Google+, I wonder if you just have some glitch with your Google+ app. Try uninstalling all updates to Google+, then update it again.

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The fix for this is to move all the photos to another folder. Because you can't pick more than one pic at a time in drive, that's a pain so I deleted them all. I am now reuploading all the pics straight to Google+. I should have mentioned it in the beginning, but I'm doing it to use avia. Avia doesn't have drive support so I had to share with Google+ to make it show up in avia. When I disabled that folder from view I couldn't share it from photos. Kind of confusing and I'm an *****.

-Jason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non