Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree69Likes

Default re: Show us your talent or hobby and you could win an AT&T HTC One!

I love to play guitar! This is a simple video recorded with my current phone: an International Galaxy S II i9100
    Last edited by HumbertoH; 05-01-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Here is my entry:

Please excuse the video quality. This was filmed on a MyTough 4G badly in need of replacing D:

I'm showing how to create a custom piece cast in pewter. In this video, I make a simple Zerg logo pendant.

I hope you enjoy.

TL;DW Iced Marine
    Last edited by Nicholas Podges; 05-01-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Hi!

You all have some nice talents and hobbies!

Below is my video. I am a bit nervous when talking to camera but I hope you enjoy it and good luck everyone! :-)

ROM
    Stock

Here's a video of my daughter and I doing some hiking near Riggins, ID. We got to do a little fishing, shot some waterfall pictures, learned to skip rocks and generally had a good time. The first video portion was shot by my daughter on a GSII, the last video segment on a Nexus 4 and most of the pictures are from a GSII and Nexus 4. I'm the silly looking guy in the blue shirt and the only shots of me were taken by my daughter. The shiny waterfall pictures are from my Nikon 1 (curse not having shutter speed control on our phones...). Of course, I totally forgot to formally shoot a video while we were up there so hopefully this compilation fits the spirit of the contest.

Last edited by gregfortune; 05-02-2013 at 10:30 AM.

I really hope this is the right way to embed a YouTube video. Anyways, I can fold my ears into a rectangloid/cubeoid shape thingy...(I don't know what to call it), the important thing is I can bend it into a shape. Anyways, for any Android fans out there, what do you think of the Nexus S? Do you still consider it high-end, or is it now mid-range or low-end?

I hope I win my Nexus S broke

Smile re: Show us your talent or hobby and you could win an AT&T HTC One!

Hi. I'm Jonathan, I'm 13 and I'm an app developer. My first app is called Explorer Log and this is the website - Explorer Log - Be Prepared to Discover! | The Explorer Log app will lead children on an exciting journey through the great outdoors and open their eyes to a wonderful world of things to explore in the world around us.

My talent and hobby is building apps and discovering the power of technology!
    My HTC Wildfire is so slow and bashed up that I had to borrow my Dad's phone for the video!

Thanks AndroidCentral!

I used to have many hobbies, but now I have none.
    I regret nothing!

Gonzalo Quintas likes this.

In the rush to put my video in promoting forgot to mention that I have a hobby that began with my first Android.
    I know I will not win and did not know if htc works in Brazil, even more so did my video.
    I have a hobby that is every time I buy a new phone I save a picture to get a souvenir.

My first photo of my first Android (LG p500_Optimus the 2.3 one)

This after I put a beta kernel damaged, I was very sad, because I spent one month watching video on youtube of it, to buy. I worked hard to buy my first android phone, I'll never forget the lg optimus one p500.

My first photo of my second Android (Sony wt19a_Xperia live the 4.0)

In the corner of the box to see the phone. Got it today.

First cell is unforgettable, yet have kept the first video I looked on YouTube for how to root the LG p500.

I was sad, I know it is impossible for me to win my video was terrible thought would not have time to participate more Android Central gave another chance to the other still active "you are capable of" run yet the time.

I do not know why I still take part in the promotions. I've never won anything in my life.

I'm really hoping for a video I hope he wins.
    Thanked by:
    shikhar623 likes this.

Coming from a Galaxy Nexus, I would love the better video quality of the HTC One!

I'm a thrill seeker! I love to do it! If I had a new HTC One I could capture all of my fun and wild adventures! I just might need to get an Otterbox, even though I hate to not show off that awesome aluminum body!

Here's my submission!

Me flying an RC plane made by me and my teammates by the Chicago skyline!

I am at 0:33

Last edited by yash777; 05-05-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Here is the video on how to make a lamp from plastic cups. Hope you like it.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

here is a video using my samsung wave 525. me and my son loves to swim but as you can see the video quality is awful. hopefully i could win the HTC one and use it to make more swimming videos.

Lightbulb re: Show us your talent or hobby and you could win an AT&T HTC One!

Hi Michelle,
    I am presently working on image processing. This is what I do in my spare time. I will be implementing this on my Android device.
    This Arm works on Image Processing(open CV), A.I, and some basic Electromechanical system.

So when do we find out who the winner is?

Quote Originally Posted by chambers7867 View Post
    So when do we find out who the winner is?
    Matt, that's Transitions Skate Park in Dearborn Heights, no?
    Good luck, neighbor. ^^

Yep, Jason Suchan (owner) is actually my brother in-law..

"We'll close the contest at 12:01 a.m. May 6th." I'm not trying to be a downer here, but wasn't the contest supposed to close at this time. I'm here on May 7th at 6:35 PM and it's still open with people entering. It's gonna suck for me if the people that submitted late get the phone rather than someone who entered on time...perhaps someone like me. Just giving you a heads up AC.

I really didn't know how to represent my favorite hobbies on a video so I decided this would be the best way! I enjoy writing articles covering the sports teams here at my college for our university newspaper. I also enjoy manipulating reality in photographs with Photoshop. I attached links to an example of both .

photo: http://i.imgur.com/yWe0EcE.jpg
    article: The Rocket : From SRU to NFL: Brandon Fusco reflects on football career

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Whoops missed the part about the deadline
    Last edited by aapold; 05-08-2013 at 07:42 AM.
    "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Lightbulb re: Show us your talent or hobby and you could win an AT&T HTC One!

Quote Originally Posted by silver1997 View Post
    "We'll close the contest at 12:01 a.m. May 6th." I'm not trying to be a downer here, but wasn't the contest supposed to close at this time. I'm here on May 7th at 6:35 PM and it's still open with people entering. It's gonna suck for me if the people that submitted late get the phone rather than someone who entered on time...perhaps someone like me. Just giving you a heads up AC.

chill man... nothing happens by chance!
    Last edited by shikhar623; 05-08-2013 at 02:58 AM. Reason: quote
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #98  
    Mobile Nations Staff

Global Posts
    1,896 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silver1997 View Post
    The contests end when we say they're going to. Whether the thread is still open or not is not an indication of the contest being over, really. Mobile Nations has 5 websites, and as you can imagine there are a lot of things underway at each site (both that you can see and that goes on behind-the-scenes to make sites like these run), which means I don't always make it back to the thread at 12:01 on the dot to close it. Posts have timestamps, and we can see what was posted after the deadline, so it's all as fair as it can possibly be. We are always appreciative of our readers' patience and understanding.

That said, you guys are all awesome, the entries are amazing, and I wish I had enough phones to give one to each of you! Some of you have hobbies I've never even considered, and I think this was a fun way to share them with your fellow Android addicts. Watch the blog, the winner will be announced soon.

Thanks to everyone that entered!
    Last edited by Michelle Haag; 05-08-2013 at 03:13 AM.
    (V)_(�,,,�)_(V)
    Thanked by 2:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234