best fm transmitter or cassette adapter under 20?

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
But what if his car does not support Bluetooth, Wifi, or has a MP3 player plug in? Kind of like my car. Both of them actually. I do not buy a car based on its sound system. So an FM transmitter is needed in these cases. Even "If you want quality sound..."

I have used cheap ones that came with a bundle package I bought for one of my Smartphones. Case, car charger, holster, and FM thing for the car. The cheap one seemed to work real well. But was limited on the channels it could broadcast on. So being in a large populated area, there are many radio stations. I was always getting some signal cross over. I kept having to change the channel the FM was working on.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
They just dont make cassette adapters readily available anymore.

Sony CPA 9C - Car cassette adapter

If you go FM route they sell them everywhere.. I have a generic one from Walmart i paid 10 bucks for, takes 2 triple A batteries and works great.

Honestly though.. even el-cheapo car decks come with USB or AUX imput now.. I bought a pioneer at walmart for 100 bucks for my wifes car

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
IT really depends on the radio. My stock Matrix head is pretty fuzzy,the same TX in my Wife's van or my Father's truck sounds much better and is clearer.
An FM transmitter isn't going to get you CD quality but it's good enough.
I have another TX that plugs into the headphone jack and that has a louder and clearer output than my usual T505.

I bought the iGriffin as a Xmas present for somebody and it performs well.
After all that since cassette iis an option and both have to be plugged in so there's no more or less convenience, I'd go with cassette.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez