Evo forum (message 502 bad gateway)

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
When I try to open a thread I get a message 502 bad gateway. Any one else have this problem and is there a way to correct it.
Fred

Last edited by a moderator:

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when everyone is hitting the site at the same time, it can overload the servers such as when everyone is checking back in on a Monday morning, especially at around 6:33 AM. :)

Tpically a few minutes later the wave has past and you can get right on. I am having no problems on my EVO or my PC.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
A 502 isn't a server unavailable error, it indicates a response containing invalid http.

I've hit this quite a few times in the evening, especially with Firefox. Less frequently with IE7, for some reason. The only think you can do from your end is clear your browser cache, which could help.

Otherwise, someone's got a misconfigured or corrupted gateway or server somewhere in the chain from the site to you.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's because AndroidCentral uses a (terrible) caching proxy server for their site. It malforms the request when it has a cookie sometimes.

The way to resolve this quickly, is to sign out and sign back in. It will fix it every time. Yes, it is annoying, but it doesn't look like it's going to be fixed anytime soon.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen this issue let me know if it continues I will monitor this thread and if it is an on going problem I will alert the admins. This issue is not realy relater to the EVO so I am moving this thread to the General chat forum.