The Smartwatch: Yay or nay?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Pebble seems cool, but people probably want more functionality.

I hope Google doesn't kill Motorola MOTOACTV. It could probably do killer smartwatch with that product.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll wait quite a while before I look into getting one. Interesting idea but I can't imagine how many new-product bugs/issues are gonna pop up for at least a few years. But that's how products improve afterall.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using a watch when mobile phones came out. I have a drawer full of Vintage watches from the 30's and 40's which are collecting dust. I know this is a "smartwatch" you are referring to, but I still would not be inclined to purchase or wear one. So for me its "Nay".

*****Even though I always thought the "Dick Tracy" phone was the Bomb, now that we have it I don't see the need.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd say nay, considering I don't really like wearing a watch all that often, and when I do it's just a regular watch.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P

psychoken

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Times are changing. What will the future technology become? I remember the time when I bought a "watch" and felt so happy with the purchase. that was an ipod touch from a watch strap. so different but I have never worn it.

Last edited:

Rlambo

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Ive just bought the ?60 sony smartwatch. Now ive forked out the money for it, im going to use it. But its really nothing spectacular at all. Buggy as hell too. Im really keen for google glass too, anyone know roughly how much glass will be released for?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ive just bought the ?60 sony smartwatch. Now ive forked out the money for it, im going to use it. But its really nothing spectacular at all. Buggy as hell too. Im really keen for google glass too, anyone know roughly how much glass will be released for?
I think I remember reading somewhere they would be $1500

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non