Moto G13 - Transferring Data/Apps from Samsung A50

tonymc

Feb 24, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

I've purchased a G13, but am having trouble with transferring all my data/apps across from the old Samsung A50.

I had read that you could use Samsung Smart Switch to do this, but having backed up all the data onto a laptop, it won't recognise the G13 either when connected to the laptop (just stops at the attach cable screen), or by using the wireless option (error message that "both devices need to be connected to the same network" which they are, then "couldn't connect" on the A50).

With that failure, I had also backed up my Samsung info to Google 1, but of course I had skipped this step in the initial G13 setup thinking Smart Switch would do the job. When I open up Google 1 on the Motorola, it doesn't show up the A50 back up, it only asks me to back up files. So I reset the G13 to factory settings in the hope it would ask for my Google 1 account, but (unsurprisingly!!) it didn't.

Would be grateful if anyone could suggest a fix for the above, or alternatively, a third party app that I could use.

Many thanks.