Making an s3 case...need your help

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone.
A user posted this phone case a few days ago, and I want to make one similar. I'm good with my hands and I can do woodwork, leatherwork and metalwork. I love this case, so I want to make one. Yes, I could just buy it, but I want to make it.
What I need help with is a belt clip. I can make the actual belt holster, but I don't know how to make the phone clip/snap into the holster.
I have a few requirements though. I do NOT want the screen facing outwards. The screen has to face the inside. Also, I do NOT want one that you slide the phone into. I want the phone on a regular clip holster.
I could use this to clip it to my belt or pocket. But what I CNT figure out like I said is how to keep the phone clipped to the holster. I cod use Velcro at the top, but that would be tacky.
Anyone ha e any ideas?

Thanks

Hey everyone just thought I'd tell you all the coolest case I've found so far, if you think you've found a cooler one feel free to post. It's a bamboo case from this company in Miami and they sell them on Etsy. Best $40 bucks (Plus tax if applicable+ Shipping) I've spent, thought this gem was too good not to share I've spent quite a bit of time looking at cases the other bamboo cases I've looked at had either some weird rubber on the sides or looked too rounded, everything about this case is pretty rad its pretty lightweight overall good feel in my hands. The case comes in two parts a front and a back and you basically screw in the 4 screws from the back with a included hex tool and it fits really tightly, the case isn't going to come apart.

http://img0.etsystatic.com/014/0/7786719/il_570xN.422795370_dkhb.jpg

http://img1.etsystatic.com/009/0/7786719/il_570xN.422794401_sem6.jpg

Here's the link to the Bamboo:
Samsung Galaxy S3 Bare Boo Bamboo Case by DisplaysByNHG on Etsy

And Bamboo Polycarbonate:
Samsung Galaxy S3 Poly Boo Cases Poly Carbonate by DisplaysByNHG

Attachments

• 1375072626546.jpg
    1375072626546.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: