Bond Car

meshp1318

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Just a thought I was fiddling with. Granted I don't have the money to commission this but if I ever do I want to know if it's plausible. I remember waay back in high school we programmed a RC car to execute a series of commands that we programmed into a computer. Well I was just thinking about a bond movie where bond was able to control his BMW with his cell phone. I also remember my friend installing a Linux based control system into his car well that controlled virtually everything in his car and house. My thought is this. Given GPS, google maps, layer, a cell phones capability to receive and transmit data of all types is it plausible for someone out there to build me a bond car. That would be freaking sick! Ejection seat and side mounted missles optional.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
As long as you can provide enough power to run a computer in your vehicle that has several analog and digital I/O boards, an open wireless access point, and a webserver, anything is possible.

Open app on Phone
Click button to pop trunk
PC in car gets signal, sends voltage out through the I/O board
Voltage opens or closes a relay connected to a switch that releases the latch and opens a solenoid that lets compressed air push a ram that opens the trunk, or a ram that pulls the trunk shut.

Replace "trunk" and "open" with whatever you can imagine.