What is your dream phone?

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I want a snap on slider keyboard for the Galaxy S4 that works in combination with a larger battery to power the phone and the keyboard. It should be a complete replacement for the stock back cover so it firmly attaches to the phone.
A keyboard like on the Droid 4 is short enough in length that a slot could be provided to clear the stock camera and flash LED.

Added bonus, have three or four positions for the slide to snap into so accessory lenses can be mounted on the slide, with fully closed being open for the stock lens.

An alternate configuration would be to have a better camera built into the back of the slide, dead center for two hand grip use and avoiding screwy looking off center pictures. The keyboard could also have larger buttons.

The only con of such a rig is aside from power, it would have to communicate with the phone using Bluetooth or NFC and would need a constant running process to handle a camera if the slide has one.

blastthedull

May 14, 2015
Visit site
My dream phone is 5 inches screen, 8 core processor, 3/4 gb ram, latest gorillas glass, 64 gb internal storage and an option to extend with a memory card up to 256 gb, no buttons unless volume up/down and turn off and 2 speakers but even better than HTC One m8/m9 has.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
moto x with 4000 mAh battery, G4 camera, fingerprint scanner on the rear logo, front speaker and wireless charge

Posted via the Android Central App

Powarun

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
An unlocked, Droid Turbo (Sapphire blue)without the captive buttons, with updated specs of 4 gigs of Ram, keep the screen, 64 bit processor, keep the big battery, also with htc's boomsound. A person can dream.

Angry_Mushroom

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
My dream phone is a modern, up to date, Windows Phone flagship. Okay, delusions aside. I have high expectations from the Snapdragon 820 and the phones it will run. I trust LG or whatever to make use of it, and offer excellent battery life. Dare I say I hope it's still plastic framed?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I want the LG G2 with all the goodies of the G4, only add the battery from the Turbo (and keep it removable).
That G2 just had the best in hand feel of any phone I've owned.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If you gave me the G4 (or even the S6) camera in my Droid Turbo, that'd be close enough to perfect for me.

Putte Danerhag

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
◾ 4'7 - 5'0 inch 1080p screen
◾ metallic / plastic unibody
◾ at least 3000 mah battery
◾ stock android
◾ front facing speakers
◾ front camera 5mp
◾ back facing 16mp OIS camera

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Android M?

Everything as stated above except would love it to be the Sony Nexus Z Compact

My dream phone would be a Sony Nexus Compact.....

20.7 Camera
IP 68
2 Day Battery*
Qi Charging
SD Card
Latest OS
USB 3.0 (get rid oh the headphone input)

And then advertise the heck out of it.......iPhone would finally have a true contender. I see something like the 1st Droid commercial with the Sony Nexus going in the pool, "Can your iPhone do that?", Putting in a 128 SD card "Can your iPhone do that?", etc......on and on and then "Sony Nexus Compact CAN!!!!!"

Last edited:

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Everything as stated above except would love it to be the Sony Nexus Z Compact

My dream phone would be a Sony Nexus Compact.....

20.7 Camera
IP 68
2 Day Battery*
Qi Charging
SD Card
Latest OS
USB 3.0 (get rid oh the headphone input)

And then advertise the heck out of it.......iPhone would finally have a true contender. I see something like the 1st Droid commercial with the Sony Nexus going in the pool, "Can your iPhone do that?", Putting in a 128 SD card "Can your iPhone do that?", etc......on and on and then "Sony Nexus Compact CAN!!!!!"

You said the iPhone would finally have a true contender. Haha Even the lowest to mid range phones beat the iPhone. Haha

tech_addict

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Emphasis on dream...

build like Nexus 5 - no bigger - not a phablet person
easy payment system (I know its coming)
killer battery - one that lasts - not one that explodes
vanilla android!
amazing call quality - not big carrier locked
iphone quality camera (I know these exist, but I don't have one. )
unlocks my house and car
stretches into a tablet
front and back speakers
waterproof
shoots 4K video
unlimited storage capacity
insane resolution
dedicated graphics card that can run The Witcher 3 (or newer) on the Oculus Rift (or cooler)

aidedesk

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
*5" screen 4K
*Has a stylus that can be also be used as a Bluetooth headset.
*Waterproof to 3M
*2 back cameras 20MP and able to record in 3D
*Supports 3 SIM cards slots that can use data from 2 of them at the same time.
*Supports 2 microsd cards
*128gig internal storage
*Dual Active Boot. Both Windows 8.1 and Android is running at the time time. The non-used OS is in sleep.
*8 gig ram (4gb for each OS)
*Wireless charging
*10,000 maH battery using the coolest tech like Lithium Phosphorous?
*Something like the Nvidia X1 chip-set that runs better than a PlayStation but stays cools due to its amazing cooling.
*Can survive falls from 2M.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana