Best Anti-Virus app for Samsung Galaxy S3 (or other Android phones)?

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi community,

Anyone uses anti-virus apps for their android smartphones? As far as I am concerned, there have been news that android phones are getting malwares or viruses. As I just got a Samsung Galaxy s3, I really love it, but I want to protect it as well. So far, I left with four choices, Avast Mobile Security, Kaspersky Mobile Security, Lookout Mobile Security, and Norton Mobile Security. I don't know which one to choose from, they all look good. What do you guys think about the four security softwares? Which one should I go for?

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I use avast. I've used it on all my phones. Never had any issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It's all up to you... You're gonna have folks that will say it's not necessary and then those that will say it is. Look around the forums, interwebz, etc and make your own informative decision... I run Avast fwiw.

sent from a Galaxy far away

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Avast is very good. I liked it on PC and so far on Android it is nice too. Peace of mind that costs nothing.

So far super lightweight as well so doesn't seem to slow down anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I use lookout. I like their options and the weekly email update. I also like that it automatically backs up my data. But I think u would be fine with whatever u choose. When I researched them I didn't find anything negative about any of them.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I use avg, tells me If I have unknown sources ticked as it can be a risk if I download a apk from the internet, always scans my phone everyday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Those anti virus are feeding on your fears. It's been tested that they do nothing but kill the battery. Use look out is all u need. There are a ton of post threads on this. Also don't dl Chinese apps stay in the play store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

RigelX

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I use AVG free on both my PC and phone. Never had any problems.
I held out for a good while before putting it on my phone. I didn't notice any hit to performance or battery life after I got it.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk.

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Need some help here. When I install Avast on my Samsung Galaxy S3, it prompts me to install Contact Explorer. What is that, and should I install it or cancel it?

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Never mind. I installed all the anti-virus apps, including Kaspersky, norton, AVG, avast, and lookout. Tried all five of them and uninstalled some of them, left with lookout and avast. Looks like avast have more features, which one should I keep?

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Never mind. I installed all the anti-virus apps, including Kaspersky, norton, AVG, avast, and lookout. Tried all five of them and uninstalled some of them, left with lookout and avast. Looks like avast have more features, which one should I keep?

They're both good, but avast is the best.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think Kaspersky is the best because of the feature to take a mugshot of the person who has your phone and, the other feature where it can send you a message or email when a person switches the sim card in your phone. It will also send you the phone number associated with the sim card they're using. I haven't seen these features on the other anti virus apps. Only thing is that it's a but pricy but to me worth it.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
With the recent features lookout is my choice but it was close because prior to that I had avast but certain features kept telling me I had to be rooted in order for other features to work so I went with lookout.

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I decided to get Avast on my phone. It looks like it have more features than any other anti-virus softwares. I will consider others later on.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Trustgo... It has protection for everything including remote lock and wipe and device tracker and it updates a lot which is good

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Those anti virus are feeding on your fears. It's been tested that they do nothing but kill the battery. Use look out is all u need. There are a ton of post threads on this. Also don't dl Chinese apps stay in the play store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I read this from redmondpie.com

"The fact of the matter is, you, the average Android user, are safe from mobile malware. Malware on Android does not spread like it does on desktop computers because there really isn?t a simple method for them to spread. These viruses, trojans and rootkits that you hear of all the time only reach those users who do things like downloading APKs from untrusted sources and downloading bogus apps."

So essentially if I do not download ANY apps then there is NO risk of virus or malware?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty