Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Locked out of phone with no internet connection

This might have been placed in the wrong location so sue me, I've never started a thread on any site before.
    I would just like to share a simple solution to this particular problem. First off details. Only exception is airplane mode has to be turned off. So the situation stands, your phone is requiring Google account sign in with WiFi and data off.
    The solution is simple; just have a friend send a MMS message to your phone and most SMS apps auto download that content(if you turned this off in the settings, you're out of luck). So to download that, it will kick on data and therefore internet connection and viola. Just make sure to submit your credentials between that window it's downloading the MMS which isn't long but it's not impossible to time either. Simple as that!
    I hope this helped someone from hard resetting their phone and losing all their data. Simple solutions to scary problems
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Locked out of phone with no internet connection

No, I know another great trick either you phone is on airplane mode or what ever !! but you need to be on jelly bean for this trick, well the trick is while your device is locked down and you think you've forgotten the pattern lock or pin and your data connection is also in switched off !! and you seem to get then hold the power button and a popup will appear asking switch off, data connection off or on etc, if you data connection is off in that menu it would be enable data connection, and once you enable the data connection you a open your locked down device with the help from your gmail account. See, it is not that tough to you can get your self out from the lock down issue, you just need to remember while you locked out press the power button so the popup will appear !!

Great tips! Thanks a million for sharing them here. I have come across such situations many times in my life and all I do is run to my brother to get it fixed. I have even thought of switching my phone and at on point I had misunderstood it to be the problem with my internet service provider. This was of great help. Thank you!

hi i have that problem on my s6 edge. its been 2 weeks i cannot use my phone i dont want to hard reset it coz i can not afford to loose all my pic n videos..i did what you said.but it did not work do you know other ways to tun my data or wifi on??

Joanne

Have you managed to find a solution?

I think I'm in the same situation as you: My fingerprint reader gave up on me, backup password not accepted, no internet connection to locked phone and no samsung find my device registration

Quote Originally Posted by Revanth Rao View Post
    Joanne

Have you managed to find a solution?

I think I'm in the same situation as you: My fingerprint reader gave up on me, backup password not accepted, no internet connection to locked phone and no samsung find my device registration

Did you find any soultion?
    I am in the same situation

Guys I spent around 15 hours trying to unlock my samsung galaxy s6, and found a solution. You're welcome. You need google acc+dont need a connection turned on already for this to work (worst case scenario).
    It didnt recongnize my fingerprints, and my backup password didnt work. I couldnt sign in to my google account since my wifi and mobile data was turned off before the device locked.
    This is the solution i found AFTER 15 hours of this madness, you need to be quick:
    1) enter wrong backup password 5 times
    2) wait 30 secounds countdown
    3) enter wrong backup password 5 times
    4) wait 30 secounds countdown
    5) select sign in with google account
    6) enter google account credentials (DONT SIGN IN YET)
    7) hold 'wake up button' (home button)
    8) press emergency mode and go thru with aggreeing to all it asks you to
    9) press TURN ON, and after that press 'sign in' with your google account (where step 6 left off)
    If you were quick enough, you will enter emergency mode and you will pass the lock screen, now quit the emergency mode the same way and change your backup password, and write it down this time so this doesnt happen again. You are wellcome.

OMG thank you sooooo much for posting this!!!!! Where the shop assistant failed, the samsung guy in the shop failed, the samsung guy on the customer support line failed, you succeeded thank you so much!!!! I was about to follow the customer support guy's directions to factory reset and wipe my phone - so glad I came across this post - saved me from losing a lot of data!

I couldn't get this to work??? HELP ME

Wink Re: Locked out of phone with no internet connection

Thank you sooooooo freakin much bro! You got my respect!

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloIa View Post
    Guys I spent around 15 hours trying to unlock my samsung galaxy s6, and found a solution. You're welcome. You need google acc+dont need a connection turned on already for this to work (worst case scenario).
    It didnt recongnize my fingerprints, and my backup password didnt work. I couldnt sign in to my google account since my wifi and mobile data was turned off before the device locked.
    This is the solution i found AFTER 15 hours of this madness, you need to be quick:
    1) enter wrong backup password 5 times
    2) wait 30 secounds countdown
    3) enter wrong backup password 5 times
    4) wait 30 secounds countdown
    5) select sign in with google account
    6) enter google account credentials (DONT SIGN IN YET)
    7) hold 'wake up button' (home button)
    8) press emergency mode and go thru with aggreeing to all it asks you to
    9) press TURN ON, and after that press 'sign in' with your google account (where step 6 left off)
    If you were quick enough, you will enter emergency mode and you will pass the lock screen, now quit the emergency mode the same way and change your backup password, and write it down this time so this doesnt happen again. You are wellcome.
    it didnt work for my s5 plz help!

It not working for me
    still locked out

any other help available?
    Wifi and data turned off and I had 3 fingerprints, it will not recognize and I know the password and it will not unlock!

Samsung should be able to get in remotely!

I have an LG G3 with this problem. Cannot use this trick as I don't have a physical Home button!!