What's your opinion on Android Wear?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you think Google nailed it? Did this announcement get you interested in smartwatches? I personally am really excited to see what comes from this.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Android Wear definitely re-ignited my interest in smartwatches. I am interested to see what they come out with next.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't interested in smartwatches at all prior to seeing the Moto 360, but now I'm interested in getting one

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't interested in smartwatches at all prior to seeing the Moto 360, but now I'm interested in getting one

Same here.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Damn I wasn't either but I am now lol

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What they've shown so far is the Google Now watch everyone seems to be wanting.

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
interested yes ! but they need to change the name :p

They probably will. It really sounds like a prototype code name. But in all honesty, if they didn't, I'd be ok with it. As long as the OS works great, I don't care what they call it.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It really does look like they naied what I wanted in a wearable device. I'm still not convinced a watch is the form factor I want (I think Glass is closer to what I want). However, it will come down to two deciding factors for me: price and battery life. I have no problem charging a watch every night, especially if it uses wireless charging. I do not wear a watch to bed anyway, so I don't care if it has to charge while it sits on my night stand every night instead of just sitting on my night stand every night. Price is the real big one. I've never spent more than $120 on a watch. I'm willing to go over that for a smartwatch, but I'm not sure by how much. At $200, based on what we've seen, I'd probably buy. At $250, I would have to give it serious though and there may need to be another killer feature they haven't revealed yet. At $300, barring some earth shattering feature they're saving till the watches launch, I'll probably wait for sale/clearance. I understand people pay many times $300 for a watch already, however I'm not one of those people. Sure, have the jewelery quality smartwatches that cost hundreds or even over $1,000 for those who want that, but someone should serve the low end too. A $100-$150 Android Wear device that has a simple design with inexpensive yet quality materials will sell like hotcakes.

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm still up in the air on smart watches in general. I don't think I have a need for it other than the possibilities for exercise. None of the other features that I saw really tickles my fancy that I would make me think that I need a separate device other than my phone. I would be much more inclined with a watch than the google glass though. I doubt I will ever wear the glasses.

The Moto 360 is a very nice looking watch though.

MarkBobThomas

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Though the circular screen of the moto360 is necessary and a great start.
Style in this scenario is a huge part of whether or not this will take off.
Brand imaging will have a big part, and I think Fossil (the only fashion partner with Google Wear) has the wrong brand imaging for this.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Android Wear is as great as idea as the Android OS itself. I sure Android Wear will probably surpass Chromo OS, Google TV and even Glass. Once Glass gets over all the legal issues then Google Wear and Glass will be just popular as original Android OS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Android Wear is as great as idea as the Android OS itself. I sure Android Wear will probably surpass Chromo OS, Google TV and even Glass. Once Glass gets over all the legal issues then Google Wear and Glass will be just popular as original Android OS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I doubt we'll see a billion smartwatches...

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I doubt we'll see a billion smartwatches...

Who said a billion?
I was simply making a analogy that means android wear would be very popular in smart watch segment like android is for the smart phones. However smart watches over time will replace the standard mechanical watch then a billion is actually a huge possibility for android.

Rotary to smart phones is evolution in technology. Every home once had a rotary phone is America now their are probably are average of 3 to 4 smart phones in a house. Mechanical watches will go with times as the limited functional will suffice in technological world that thrives on vast array of information given by technology. I see more than billion as time goes on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa