Does Android Wear only work with Google Apps?

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
So for text messages, do I need to be using Hangouts? And do emails only go to the watch if it's a Gmail?

I just got a 360 today and I'm a little concerned about this. I use the stock messaging app with my Moto X for texts, but I get no notifications on the watch when I receive a text. Do I need to switch to Hangouts? And I use the stock mail app for work email (Exchange). Those don't pop up either, but messages via Gmail do.

How do I work around this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You already got a 360??!! Lucky you! :)

As far as I know, you don't need to use Google's apps to get the notifications. Have you checked your notification settings? Maybe some switch is off that shouldn't be...

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is you can get notifications from any messaging app...but you won't be able to reply from the watch without a compatible app (hangouts, 8sms, etc.).

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You should get any notifications that come to your phone
I have the 360 and I even get notifications from third party apps that I can interact with

I use default Samsung messenger and I get notifications from that as well as can reply

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to send an email via anything other than Gmail? If I want to send an email to a coworker using my 360, it appears like it's always coming from my personal Gmail account.

Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa