Hide text thread from a contact in VZW Messages+

classact

May 2, 2018
Visit site
I have an S24U on VZW and use VZW's Messages+ app for text messaging. VZW tier 2 support says this can't be done and I assume they're probably right but I'm going to ask here anyway.

I have a disgruntled contact who I need to keep a historical record intact for due to legal reasons, yet I need to block them from calling me (easy with a third-party app) and from showing up in my text or email. I set up Rules in my email admin to put their emails in a folder I don't see unless I want to check there. Now to have their texts not distract me in my new texts screen.

I already set their text thread to Mute, which Messages+ makes available, but that just means I don't get a notification when they send me a text. I want to not see it in the new tests lists altogether since it stresses me.

Is there a way to "archive" the thread, or "hide" it, in such a away that new incoming texts are still saved but I just don't have to see them on the list of all new texts, and to do this without having to use a different texting app? (Like I said, I don't expect it can be done but am asking her just in case I get lucky.)

Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Best thing to do is switch to the native Samsung messages or Google's , I prefer Google and back everything up to Samsung Smart switch on the PC , then Google messages u can archive that message as Verizon message + app is shutting down June of 2024

Reactions: Laura Knotek