A couple of questions about notifications

AMDman18

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So I've had my moto 360 for a few days now and for the most part really like it, aside from the occasional jitters. But i have two questions: First; Does anyone know which app to mute in order to stop the wifi connection notification? My job has spotty wifi that goes in and out and it's kind of annoying to get that notification 6 or 7 times a day. Second; Is there a central location that handles HOW apps notify? I've noticed that facebook messenger notifications don't vibrate the watch. Every other notification does. Thanks for any input you guys can offer on these.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
So I've had my moto 360 for a few days now and for the most part really like it, aside from the occasional jitters. But i have two questions: First; Does anyone know which app to mute in order to stop the wifi connection notification? My job has spotty wifi that goes in and out and it's kind of annoying to get that notification 6 or 7 times a day. Second; Is there a central location that handles HOW apps notify? I've noticed that facebook messenger notifications don't vibrate the watch. Every other notification does. Thanks for any input you guys can offer on these.

I can't answer the first question. Regarding the second though, your watch will mimic the notification settings you have for that app on your phone (with the exception of sound). So if the app is set to vibrate and display a notification, your watch will do both. If the app doesn't have vibration turned on, the watch won't vibrate. The following is from the official Android Wear FAQ.

"Your watch may vibrate for notifications, and it uses the notification settings you have for each app on your phone. If your phone vibrates or makes a sound for a notification, your watch will vibrate. If your phone doesn't make a sound or vibrate, you'll still see a card on your watch, without a vibration."

https://support.google.com/androidwear/answer/6056390?hl=en

Posted via Android Central App

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Regarding the first question on Wi-Fi... Try going into your Wi-Fi settings and tapping "Advanced" in the options menu. This should bring up a screen that looks like this:

adysyta9.jpg

Uncheck the network notification and see if that works for you.

Sorry, I don't leave my Wi-Fi on all the time, so I haven't tested this fix to see if it actually works or not.

stylebygrace

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to delete a text message so that it won't continue to notify me over and over after I have responded ? Thank you

Posted via Android Central App