Can Android Wear dual pair?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, only one device at a time.

One of my biggest gripes, too, as I'd love to connect it to both my phones as well. Alas, if you want to pair with a new phone, you need to reset your watch and re-pair.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You said it. Hahaha.

Even if they didn't allow simultaneous connections (although with WiFi notifications I don't see how that's not possible), at least I'd like them to have an easier way to switch from one device to another without having to wipe the watch every single time.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Also seems to have issues with owning more than one wear device.
I've paired a few AW watches to the same phone before without issue. For best results tho, I would make sure only one is "connected" at the same time.

7244acf40b8381a223f1e48de591de4a.jpg

Are you trying to connect more than one at the same time to the same phone? What is the issue your having?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that's the 'issue' he refers to. No more than one device can be connected, even though you can have multiple devices paired.

L_E_O

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that's the 'issue' he refers to. No more than one device can be connected, even though you can have multiple devices paired.

You can have multiple Wear devices paired and connected to a single phone. You just can't have a single Wear device paired to multiple phones. If you switch phones, you have to wipe the watch and start over.

eazyigz

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
No, I think OP's question is about pairing same watch to multiple phones. This is a good use-case - especially if you are a developer and testing on multiple phones.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't need my watch paired to both of my phones at the same time, but I wish I could disconnect from one and pair to the other without wiping the watch. I love having WatchMaker on my watch, but I can't get that when paired to an iPhone. :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11