what kinds of smartwatch is most popular?

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
While someone mentioned about buying a smartwatch,I begin to pay attention to ads inserted in web.
There are a lot of smartwatch.I found that their function is similar,several cpu ,ect.
For me,I don't really care about brands,but outlook.:cool:
I don't want to wear a whatever ugly in my hand.
Mine is a D5+,this one have a nice look,but not known brand-NO.1.
Look forward to your replies.:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One of the main misconceptions that people have is that any smartwatch compatible with Android is an Android Wear watch. This is not the case, most notably for the cheap off-brand smartwatches typically direct from China. These kinds of smartwatches are usually mini-phones, which require their own SIM card (and therefore another line on your wireless plan). Non-Android Wear watches don't have tight native integration with Android phones, so they usually require some proprietary app from the watch manufacturer to be installed on the phone.

I have a Huawei Watch, and really like it--it looks great (like an elegant dress watch), has excellent battery life, and a screen with good resolution. For people looking for a more affordable Android Wear watch, I suggest the ASUS ZenWatch 1 or 2, or a refurbished Moto 360 (2015).

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your detailed explanation!Now I have a general impression about Android or Non-Android wear watch.
I'm kind of satisfied with mine.Maybe there is something bad overall it's a pretty good one with such price.
Yours maybe more luxurious,more Android,more feature,ect.But I love mine.When I wore it on wrist,I was so satisfied with this black circle one. kind of weird.:)

BTW:
Do you have any prejudice against China?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I also have the Huawei watch and I love it. It's one of the few that doesn't have a flat tire and you can use it to answer calls but I haven't used it to answer calls since the volume is very low.

Battery life is great on it. I get about 2 days with minimal usage and full day with heavy usage.

Screen is gorgeous and very sharp.

Speaker volume is good for quiet indoor usage but not outdoors unless it's quiet and not windy. Not bad but I'd rather hold my phone to my ears.

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
awesome watch.Why not use a headphone,although the volume of my D5+ is loud enough,I'm tired of putting my hand up to answer calls.
Battery life is becoming more concerned,I download the tasker to help me control my watch.After that,the battery life drains more smoothly but not suddenly shut down(there is still 10%left).
Thank you for sharing your nice watch. :)
Hope to know more.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Gear S2 is also a non-AW watch and is a very nice. I have the S2 Classic and have no complaints. It is a lot different from AW and comes in a 3G model and Bluetooth only model.

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
You must love yours very much,never found someone no complaints about their watch.
Whether it's a AW watch or not,we all love our watch,maybe there is some issues or ware shortcomings,we just love the stupid smartwatch.;)

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you visit a local store (like Best Buy) and check out the different models in person. I did that, and was able to handle the Moto 360, Gear 2, Huawei, and Pebble watches. Ultimately I purchased the Moto 360 2nd gen from Amazon and am very pleased with the look, performance, and battery life.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You must love yours very much,never found someone no complaints about their watch.
Whether it's a AW watch or not,we all love our watch,maybe there is some issues or ware shortcomings,we just love the stupid smartwatch.;)

Yeah, I really do like them. I've been using the S2 since February and just bought the Fossil Q Marshal. There are aspects of both that I prefer over the other but I'm good with both.

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Yep,they usually clone the popular smartwatch modeling.But put an Android system inside.
There are both advantages and disadvantages.
Just for mine,it's a full Android smartwatch with a nice modeling(I don't know it clones which one)
It could not as an Android Wear download apps from AW play store.But I can download other apps from Google play,etc.
It is much cheaper than the AW and their features are almost the same.
I'm kinda satisfied with mine,although sometimes would be annoyed by some issues.