Land of Sand Sea and Sun.

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
Hail Up, Greetings, Hello to everyone

hailing from the Caribbean, sorry if i feel a little insecure with naming the exact location.

i'm not like i'm new new to the forums, have been here awhile but havnt been active until more recently. i jus used to come here to get info on the latest phones and troubleshooting info. which this site has been a great help to me.

when smartphones started to be more popular where i live, it started off with the Palm phone series, then BlackBerry became very popular. so i would say my first sort of smart phone was a blackberry, a curve model cant remember which one. then i upgraded to another blackberry then moved to Samsung and have been on Samsung ever since.

currently hav the S5 but as i mentioned in a previous thread, its well over due for a change but i jus cant afford it right now.

i hav a question for the Moderators.....is it possible that i can change my username?? without having to cancel my account and start over

and since i'm at it, is there a thread anywhere (i tried to search) that talks about other phone brands using Samsung hardware better than Samsung, because thats something i think needs to be talked about.

so i look forward to future interactions with the members on the forum. oh i am an I.T Technician by trade, so i luv computers and technology on a whole.

Feel free to link up, communicate, we all here for information but i am sure we can mayb even make friends on here.

Bless Up

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
Hi, thanks for reconnecting! If you want to change your username, send an email to accounts@mobilenations.com or michelle.haag@futurenet.com.

I'm not sure about threads talking about other manufacturers utilizing Samsung hardware. Are you talking about Samsung SoC's, like Exynos?

in ref to the samsung hardware, i was referring to like other phone manufacturers using for eg, samsung sensor on on their phones i read a headline about i think vivo phones using samsung camera sensor and it was working better than the S20 line. so that sort of stuff. seeing all the issues samsung had with focus issues etc.

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
also, we know of other manufacturers using samsung screens as well....... that kind of stuff, bcuz i always wondered why samsung isnt using it best tech but selling it to other competitors, i kno its all about money but if samsung used it on their phones we would barely complain. seeing vivo or other phones utilize the handware better jus irks me, samsung needs to do better

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! We are happy to have you here! We have quite a few IT people here - you are in good company!

You are definitely in the right place to make friends - we are friendLY here and make friends too! Sorry, I like puns!

Anyway, enjoy yourself around the forums! :)

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi and welcome from the sunny Caribbean. My mother hails from Jamaica so I know how lovely and sunny you have it there. (I am in a miserably wet England myself!)

I love IT too. Used to build computers so you are in good company.

I was never a big Samsung fan after a disastrous relationship with an S3, but am reconverted since I got the S10+ earlier this year. Welcome to the forums. And look forward to seeing you around.

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
ok, so i wasnt sure where to post this so, i came back here,
please guide me accordingly Admins and Mods. Thanx in Advance.

i am having a problem with the AC Forums app, when i enter my username and password it tells me "i have entered an invalid username and password"
now here is the strange part, i also have the Android Central app, and i was able to log in with those same creds. so are the two different?? i thought it was the same. what can be done to assist me in this manner?? i got a new phone, (Samsung A71) and i want to be able to post pics etc via the phone.

Android Central app info version 3.1.24
AC Forums app info version 8.0.31

phone is running Android 10 One ui 2.5

next question, is there a thread where people who dont have flagships can still post pictures that they have taken??

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i am having a problem with the AC Forums app, when i enter my username and password it tells me "i have entered an invalid username and password"

Try your email instead? It could be an error in the app itself. You can also log on through the browser and going to the site. Sometimes, it's a little easier going that way instead.

is there a thread where people who dont have flagships can still post pictures that they have taken??
First I would check and make sure there isn't already a thread in your device forum. If not, you may by all means create one. Nothing wrong with that.

As for where to put your original question....at least on the Desktop site, there is a forum for forum feedback. You can repost your info there.

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
Try your email instead? It could be an error in the app itself. You can also log on through the browser and going to the site. Sometimes, it's a little easier going that way instead.

First I would check and make sure there isn't already a thread in your device forum. If not, you may by all means create one. Nothing wrong with that.

As for where to put your original question....at least on the Desktop site, there is a forum for forum feedback. You can repost your info there.

i was actually using my email to sign in but based on your suggestion i tried the username for the AC Forums app and it worked, jus strange i had to use email for one and username for the other but i'm on so no worries.

i did search and there is no thread for the A71, not much threads for mid range phones and i understand why everyone pays attention to the flagships because thats what most people will have. just thinking of a thread just to share pics then, would be good.

Thanks

Jan 14, 2021
Visit site
i was actually using my email to sign in but based on your suggestion i tried the username for the AC Forums app and it worked, jus strange i had to use email for one and username for the other but i'm on so no worries.

i did search and there is no thread for the A71, not much threads for mid range phones and i understand why everyone pays attention to the flagships because thats what most people will have. just thinking of a thread just to share pics then, would be good.

Thanks

Hey, I'm new to the forum so not sure what the rules are about self promotion. I'm working on an app to speed up older phones by connecting them to an android emulator hosted on a cloud server. A server obviously has much more computing power than any smartphone, so the speed differences should be noticeable.

We're currently in closed testing but I would love to have you onboard for early access testing once it becomes available to your locale. Pls PM me if you're interested!

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi Houston Cyclephones,

Thank you for reaching out with the question. I did remove your introduction post due to rules against 'self-promotion'. Please review the rules in our developer forum and feel free to post in the Developer Beta Testing forum once you are accepting testers. Good luck with the new app and thank you for joining AndroidCentral. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver