Cell industry jobs

skerinks

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi Jerry,

I'm a 45 year old with a master's in Telecommunications Management (a tech management degree, not an engineering degree). I have a well paying job now as an IT manager, but cell phones are definitely my passion. I'd love to work somewhere in the industry. Other than sales rep jobs in the carrier stores and ones that require an engineering degree, can you think of other cell industry related jobs a guy might seek out? I figure you've probably been exposed to the multitude of roles in the industry that your average person might not know about.

Thanks,
Chad

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I would think someone with your credentials would be exactly what a big telco would want to run depts like software engineering or field ops. Or their internal IT dept.

You know yourself that the majority of people with an engineering degree can be great engineers, but really poor managers. I know I fit that description and in the past I've had someone like yourself — who has a strong knowledge of technology but is able to see the organizational side — keeping things running. Nothing would get done without the right dept manager.

I think every telco (as well as plenty of other industries) know how valuable someone with your background is. It might be worth the money to talk to a nationwide recruitment agency, if only to get a feel for what's out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbxbzbc